Home Open Account Help 221 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Train Time at Como, CO


Date: 09/11/19 09:02
Train Time at Como, CO
Author: dtoeppen

August 17, 2019
Shot on new Ektachrome 100 in Nikon N90S with Nikon 20-70 zoom. Processed and scanned by Dwayne's Photo in beautiful Parsons, KS.



Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/19 20:40 by dtoeppen.








Date: 09/11/19 09:32
Re: Train Time at Como, CO
Author: dtoeppen

more








Date: 09/11/19 09:33
Re: Train Time at Como, CO
Author: dtoeppen

end






Date: 09/11/19 09:37
Re: Train Time at Como, CO
Author: ParkSouth

A great shot out the front door of the old Allen's Saloon on the corner of 6th St. and Rowe St. in "downown" Como.  Maybe at sometime one can again get a "shot" at the saloon!
Tom Klinger



Date: 09/11/19 09:56
Re: Train Time at Como, CO
Author: dtoeppen

mo






Date: 09/11/19 10:28
Re: Train Time at Como, CO
Author: fbe

Nice photos and subjects.

Don't you miss chimping the images, though?



Date: 09/11/19 16:30
Re: Train Time at Como, CO
Author: dtoeppen

Heh...I had to look up "chimping."

Part of the fun of analog photography is the risk, and, hopefully, the reward a week later.

fbe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice photos and subjects.
>
> Don't you miss chimping the images, though?



Date: 09/11/19 21:34
Re: Train Time at Como, CO
Author: pdt

 Since the poster apparently didnt think it was worth the effort to explain what any of these pix are about...  here is a breif  lift  from the Como Project website.....


The Como Project is an effort  to preserve and restore a segment of the old Denver South Park & Pacific railway complex in Como, Colorado. The three main railway structures in the complex are the Train Depot, Railway Hotel and Stone Roundhouse together with original bunk houses and track car sheds.

This project is a joint effort of the following people and organizations.

 > The Denver South Park & Pacific Historical Society
> South Park Rail Society=16px > Dr. Chuck Brantigan
> Bill and Greg Kazel
> David Tomkins (Como Depot & Hotel)


“The Como Project” has so far establishing the limited operation of a steam locomotive and passenger car between the Como Depot and Roundhouse. However, we are also planning a possible extension towards the King Branch Wye in the future. This project also involves the South Park Rail Society's acquisitions and restoration of DSP&P and related railroad's rolling stock and equipment that will work in concert with the DSP&P Historical Society’s efforts to establish a similar collection of smaller items from these same railways in the Como Depot Museum.

The project will also explore the re-installation of a period correct machine shop or similar in the Como Roundhouse for public exhibition along with the possible reconstruction of the boiler house. Further, the project would see the construction of a replica water tank for the locomotive(s) use on the same site as the original structure that was removed from Como in the 1930s.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/19 21:37 by pdt.



Date: 09/11/19 22:09
Re: Train Time at Como, CO
Author: dtoeppen

That's the job of editorial, I'm in the photo department.

pdt Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>  Since the poster apparently didnt think it was
> worth the effort to explain what any of these pix
> are about...  here is a breif  lift  from the
> Como Project website.....
>
.
.
.
 



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/19 23:26 by dtoeppen.



Date: 09/12/19 22:13
Re: Train Time at Como, CO
Author: railscenes

Thank you pdt for all the info. I had no idea this project was under way. Also thanks to the photographer for sharing their photos. Analog too! That is extra credit for the extra work and expense.  I shot 35 mm Kodachrome and 4x5 Ektachrome for years.
However while you are in the photo department, in journalism work it would be required of the photographer to at least provide the basic 4 W’s as in Who, What, When, Where and maybe Why. We see a multitude of photos posted on the internet these days with no info. Maybe the poster believes in the expression a photo is worth a 1000 words. In my opinion a photo is worthless without the basic 4W’s. Unfortunately in the 21st Century internet culture the 4W’s are not cool. 
That is why I subscribe to trainorders as I find far more info here than most websites. 
Steve Rippeteau



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/19 22:18 by railscenes.



Date: 09/12/19 23:46
Re: Train Time at Como, CO
Author: dtoeppen

Yeah, I was just joking a bit. I only had time to upload pictures before I ran out of time. Thought I might backfill with info, but the other user beat me to it.

railscenes Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thank you pdt for all the info. I had no idea this
> project was under way. Also thanks to the
> photographer for sharing their photos. Analog too!
> That is extra credit for the extra work and
> expense.  I shot 35 mm Kodachrome and 4x5
> Ektachrome for years.
> However while you are in the photo department, in
> journalism work it would be required of the
> photographer to at least provide the basic 4 W’s
> as in Who, What, When, Where and maybe Why. We see
> a multitude of photos posted on the internet these
> days with no info. Maybe the poster believes in
> the expression a photo is worth a 1000 words. In
> my opinion a photo is worthless without the basic
> 4W’s. Unfortunately in the 21st Century internet
> culture the 4W’s are not cool. 
> That is why I subscribe to trainorders as I find
> far more info here than most websites. 
> Steve Rippeteau



[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0661 seconds