Home Open Account Help 376 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Ride like an Egyptian....

Date: 09/14/19 08:43
Ride like an Egyptian....
Author: ns2557

After receiving a heads up about this unit being out of the compound, thought me and the Mrs would go see what it is. Knew about it when it arrived back in June but could not get over to where it was to check it out. But was determined to get a shot on it's way out.

At the interchange in Avondale Colo yesterday we see ENR ES30ACi 2483 waiting to go.  This is on the BNSF Pueblo Sub btwn Pueblo and La Junta. The interchange is for the DOT Test Track located out here in the middle of no where more or less. No public access to the Test Center but one may get lucky and catch something being picked up or set out here.  BNSF SD70ACe 9000 is on the far end. This was the unit that received a new axle/TM in Pueblo the other day that msns2557 got being lifted. Not sure as to why it is here actually, but it is.

A heads up is in order out this way tho. The Pueblo Chemical Depot is located here and there are signs galore warning about NO TRESPASSING, US GOV PROPERTY. There is a fence behind the units and cars here with the signage. Dont think I would want to mess around with the Army Guards here. Also, the tracks are located behind another of Colorado's "growing" industries. Not sure how the react to people close to their property, but thought it worth mentioning.  "Heads" up while out here.

Ya'll take care, be well.  Shots taken at Avondale Co on Friday September 13 2019.  (Hope ya all aren't superstitious)  Ben

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/19 08:43 by ns2557.

Date: 09/14/19 09:00
Re: Ride like an Egyptian....
Author: mammothlacrosse

Was it headed towards Denver or KC?

Date: 09/14/19 09:06
Author: ns2557

mammothlacrosse Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Was it headed towards Denver or KC?

Not sure. More than likely east twds KC I would think. Ben

Date: 09/14/19 09:20
Author: OregonOldGuy

ns2557 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> A heads up is in order out this way tho. The
> Pueblo Chemical Depot is located here and there
> are signs galore warning about NO TRESPASSING, US
> GOV PROPERTY. There is a fence behind the units
> and cars here with the signage. Dont think I would
> want to mess around with the Army Guards here.
> Also, the tracks are located behind another of
> Colorado's "growing" industries. Not sure how the
> react to people close to their property, but
> thought it worth mentioning.  "Heads" up while
> out here.
>
>Ben

Yes, they get squirrly sometimes.  One day I was shooting a train off the bridge for the road leading into the Depot.  A guard drove down and checked out what I was doing.  As this was public road at this point, he said OK and went back up the hill.  All strange because there is a public park just otuside the entrance gate!    My father worked there for 20 something years.  Never had a clear knowledge of what he did, other than electronics repairs or something like that.  

Rob

Date: 09/14/19 19:55
Author: SCKP187

Nice looking unit although a bit strange in our RR arena—good that you could get a photo
Brian Stevens

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0529 seconds