Home Open Account Help 366 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > BNSF Stockton double track

Date: 09/15/19 10:58
BNSF Stockton double track
Author: sums007

They're putting down a second main just east of Stockton, between Hanshaw [I think] and W. Duffy past the Stockton Intemodal Facility.  Sounds like they're running trains on it as of a few hours ago, at restricted speed.  I believe there's anothe 2 MT project just east of Merced, as well.

Date: 09/15/19 15:46
Re: BNSF Stockton double track
Author: trainjunkie

There were already two main tracks at Hanshaw. The new project extended them past Wheat, all the way to West Duffy where it was already 2MT to Lake. It was cut over this morning. 

Date: 09/15/19 21:26
Author: ble692

Any work or plans in progress to add a second main from Lake to West Escalon?

Date: 09/16/19 08:15

trainjunkie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There were already two main tracks at Hanshaw. The
> new project extended them past Wheat, all the way
> to West Duffy where it was already 2MT to Lake. It
> was cut over this morning. 

That's a distance of about 6 miles.  Any crossovers in between Wheat and W. Duffy?

Date: 09/16/19 11:51

sums007 Wrote:
> That's a distance of about 6 miles.  Any
> crossovers in between Wheat and W. Duffy?

The Wheat crossovers have been removed. There is still a switch off Main 2 to the west lead for the Stockton Intermodal facility and the crossover from M2 to the west end of Stockton Intermodal at West Mariposa. Crossovers between M1 and M2 are now at West Duffy and Hanshaw. None in between. There is also a new east lead out of Stockton intermodal that extends from East Mariposa to Duffy siding. That track has been in service for a few weeks now.

Date: 09/16/19 15:05

Thanks.  Is it true they're connecting E., Merced with Tuttle?  I thought I read that somewhere.

Date: 09/16/19 16:32

sums007 Wrote:
> Thanks.  Is it true they're connecting E., Merced
> with Tuttle?  I thought I read that somewhere.

Yes. The former siding is now Main 1. East Merced control point and turnout are removed. What was the main between the Merced x-over and East Merced is OOS and being torn out and will be replaced and extended to connect with M2 at Tuttle.

Date: 09/16/19 16:56

Again, thanks!  I wonder why they didn't connect Savanna to W. Legrand.  It's only about .2 miles.

I guess Merced will remain a station with only one platform on the Track 2 side.  The Track 1 side has yard track 
occupying the space where a platform would go.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/19 17:02 by sums007.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0399 seconds