Home Open Account Help 355 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Trains magazine Locomotive issue.

Date: 10/09/19 16:17
Trains magazine Locomotive issue.
Author: Txtrainman60

Just curious as to what everyone thinks thats picked up this issue. I like Alcos as much as the next fan but they seem to be getting a little too much coverage. Wasn't pretty much the same thing done last year? I'm well aware there isn't that much "new" to report in the way of motive power but how about some of the older model GEs and EMDs that's been picked up by shortlines and regionals? I really thought more could have been done covering Wabtec and there latest rebuild projects. Even NS should have gotten more coverage for there rebuild fleet. Again, I'm NOT knocking Alcos but the cover does say Locomotive 2019. Just a little more wide spread coverage would be appriciated.

Date: 10/09/19 17:12
Re: Trains magazine Locomotive issue.
Author: SNY1337

I thought it was pretty good. I've been getting them since they first came out. I guess maybe it's tough to please everyone since it's an annual issue and it is from Trains 🤪. My personal favorite is Diesel Era from Withers Publishing but it's really tough to find in any store.

Posted from Android

Date: 10/09/19 17:31
Locomotive issue-Any E-units-?
Author: cozephyr

Diesel Era is still published-hadn't come across it in many moons-everyone has gone to the internet.

Any mention of EMD E-units in the latest issueof Locomotive Annual-?

UP 949 was behind UP 844 during 50th Anniversary trip at Archer Hill, WY, 9 November 2010.

Date: 10/09/19 17:36
Author: SantaFeRuss

Txtrainman60 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just curious as to what everyone thinks that's
> picked up this issue. I like Alcos as much as the
> next fan but they seem to be getting a little too
> much coverage. Wasn't pretty much the same thing
> done last year? I'm well aware there isn't that
> much "new" to report in the way of motive power
> but how about some of the older model GEs and EMDs
> that's been picked up by shortlines and regionals?
> I really thought more could have been done
> covering Wabtec and there latest rebuild projects.
> Even NS should have gotten more coverage for there
> rebuild fleet. Again, I'm NOT knocking Alcos but
> the cover does say Locomotive 2019. Just a little
> more wide spread coverage would be appriciated.

You are entitled to your thoughts and your opinion. I enjoyed  the Alco/Montreal Locomotive works coverage, More coverage on the General Electric rebuilds by Norfolk Southern might have been nice, especially pictures. I know The Burlington Northern Santa Fe B40-8W rebuilds happened last year but not much was reported. Overall the issue was pretty good I liked it. My view,

SantaFeRuss

Date: 10/09/19 22:15
Author: coach

Great issue--worth every penny.

Date: 10/10/19 08:48
Re: Locomotive issue-Any E-units-?
Author: PHall

cozephyr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Diesel Era is still published-hadn't come across
> it in many moons-everyone has gone to the
> internet.

I get my print edition of Diesel Era every other month in the mail. It is a bi-monthy magazine. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0433 seconds