Home Open Account Help 352 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Tunnel 4 on the V&T

Date: 10/14/19 17:58
Tunnel 4 on the V&T
Author: sp1827ml

On September 28, a friend from Carson City NV invited me down to Virginia City NV to photograph the Virginia & Truckee Railroad. The V&T Railroad has about 14 miles or so of tracks that run from Mound House NV, near Carson City to Virginia City. I had such a good time chasing the trains that I returned the following two Saturdays. Here are a couple of my favorite looks at the V&T 29 leading the "Long Train" through Tunnel 4 on October 5th. 

Mark
Sparks NV

Date: 10/14/19 18:21
Re: Tunnel 4 on the V&T
Author: pedrop

Great. I visited V&T at Virginia City in 2011.I hadn't time for a train ride, but I visited the shops and took some pics of the passenger trains leavibg the depot.Great times. I miss it.

Posted from Android

Pedro Rezende
Vespasiano MG,
https://youtube.com/c/minasgeraisrailways1

Date: 10/14/19 19:02
Author: CaliforniaSteam

Great pictures of a great railroad. The #29 is great locomotive easy to run and fire. Thanks for posting.

CS

Date: 10/15/19 11:42
Author: callum_out

Wonder if it still has my firing valve.

Out

Date: 10/15/19 19:54
Author: mjh1272

We were in Virginia City on Sunday, and I was able to see the 29 back out of the engine house.  I didn't stick around to see it run down to Carson City and back for what I was told was the last run of the season for it, but it was a pleasure anyway, albeit from a thousand feet away.  From what one of the V&T employees told me, it needs a little TLC.  

Here's how I like to think of it, though...  https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?10,4838004,4838004#msg-4838004  

I found the location for Martin's photo in the link above to be at the corner of Lincoln and Jackson Streets in Willamina, Oregon, looking south.  

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/19 19:58 by mjh1272.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0413 seconds