Home Open Account Help 331 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Two Sunny Day CP Trains

Date: 11/05/19 16:55
Two Sunny Day CP Trains
Author: rrartist

With a cold wind blowing and a few clouds in the sky, I photographed only two trains today starting with CP 694, CP 8007 leading a bunch of empty sand cars back to the
Sand plants east of La Crosse (WI). The next train was CP 288 running with the CP 6231 in the lead. In this cookie cutter GE world in which we live,  an EMD, let alone an SD60 leading is something worth going after, and that we did! Starting in Minneiska MN and coming south to La Crosse.

Date: 11/05/19 16:59
Re: Two Sunny Day CP Trains

We set up again north of Minnesota City, a place called Bass Camp and got real lucky with the sun and traffic. It should be known that 288 was a 30 mph train due to a faulty FRED, so the chase was an easy one. Minnesota City was our next stop in the middle image and again at Lamoille MN.

Date: 11/05/19 17:03

Dakota MN, my home away from home or so it seems, has a wonderful "S" curve on the north end of town and beautiful view of the Mississippi River. The Fall colors are fading fast and there a chance for snow tonight, time will tell!

Date: 11/05/19 18:07
Author: SR2

Great photos, Jim!
Thanks for sharing,
SR2

Date: 11/05/19 19:28
Author: SantaFeRuss

Nice photos of Canadian Pacific power at work. AC44CW/SD60 lash up.

SantaFeRuss

Date: 11/05/19 21:20
Author: bmarti7

Nice chase Jim-great  variety of locations.

BB

Date: 11/06/19 04:36
Author: ns1000

Very nice..!!  I like Pic 4!!

Date: 11/06/19 10:51
Author: Ritzville

Nice to see EMD standard cab on the point in a variety of locations.

Larry

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0532 seconds