Home Open Account Help 227 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > More BNSF intermodal service to CSX North Baltimore Ohio ramp

Date: 11/26/19 11:38
More BNSF intermodal service to CSX North Baltimore Ohio ramp
Author: gmojim

Very often when I look at Memphis and Nashville TV station websites, I see this BNSF ad for service between California and the CSX ramp at North Baltimore. This has been occuring for several weeks. I just clicked on the ad again and noticed that there is now service between LA-North Baltimore and Northern California-North Baltimore. 
BNSF is running the ads frequently in Tennessee and I am sure other areas in the region.
Good to see a railroad making the effort to grow their business with such an ad campaign.
I have been working in railroad intermodal operations for past 15 years before I retired. Guess the ad control company knew my past history.

https://www.bnsf.com/ship-with-bnsf/intermodal/service-options-and-details/nw-ohio-intermodal-service.html

gmojim

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/19 12:04 by gmojim.

Date: 11/26/19 12:16
Re: More BNSF intermodal service to CSX North Baltimore Ohio ramp
Author: DLM

It's a good lane for the owners of private 53' containers.  In the mean time, CSX does not want to work with the UP and UMAX containers are greatly restricted thru Chicago because of their poor relationship.

Date: 11/26/19 15:18
Author: CFI_85

I wonder how this new service will get across Colorado, that is if it goes that way as the map suggests.

Date: 11/26/19 17:13
Author: gmojim

CFI_85 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I wonder how this new service will get across
> Colorado, that is if it goes that way as the map
> suggests.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

According to the schedule shown, the Stockton CA containers are added to the LA-North Baltimore train and it runs on the southern Transcon. The reverse westbound runs the same way.

gmojim

Date: 11/27/19 02:33
Author: sums007

So, what's it symbol?  Q STOBAR?  Q STOCXO?

Date: 11/27/19 06:49
Author: zchcsse

sums007 Wrote:
> So, what's it symbol?  Q STOBAR?  Q STOCXO?

I'm don't think there will be a "new" train out of NorCal for this yet until the business grows.

Generally speaking, 'CXO' is BNSF's symbol for traffic going to North Baltimore that is interchanged with CSX in Chicago, and 'NWH' is for the haulage traffic going to North Baltimore handed off to CSX in Chicago.

Date: 11/27/19 10:05
Author: mapboy

zchcsse Wrote:
> I'm don't think there will be a "new" train out of
> NorCal for this yet until the business grows.
>
> Generally speaking, 'CXO' is BNSF's symbol for
> traffic going to North Baltimore that is
> interchanged with CSX in Chicago, and 'NWH' is for
> the haulage traffic going to North Baltimore
> handed off to CSX in Chicago.

I've seen the Q LACNWH6 run Tuesdays-Sundays and the Q LACCXO1 on Mondays.  Probably the Mo-Sa Q RICCHI6 ferryies the NorCal business to Barstow, since you said they already bring autos and sometimes manifest.  As I understand it, the Q RICCHI6 already mixes it's autos at Barstow with the S SDGMEM1 (all auto racks from San Diego, no stacks until Clovis?), so it seems the Q LACNWH6 could pick up the NorCal traffic from the Q RICCHI6 anywhere from Barstow to Fort Madison, wherever congestion is not a problem.

mapboy

Date: 11/28/19 19:58
Author: Lkirts

We just got a rework in (lpc), QNWHLAC, international msc boxes.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0414 seconds