Home Open Account Help 321 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Big Boy sample from St George

Date: 11/29/19 13:47
Big Boy sample from St George
Author: santafe199

I can see it will take much longer than I first thought to weed through the images from my 9 days of chasing the Big Boy. I spent all of today weeding 209 images down to 133, and getting them all correctly tagged with location & misc info. So I guess I better kick out a “teaser” shot once or twice a day. Here’s an example, while I ponder the merits of editing out the partial crossbuck…

1. UP 4014 westbound at Railway Rd east of St George, KS on November 20, 2019.

Thanks for being patient!
Lance Garrels
santafe199

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/19 13:48 by santafe199.

Date: 11/29/19 15:42
Re: Big Boy sample from St George
Author: krm152

Sounds like you really have a lot of "fun work" on your hands.
Definitely like the windmill; its rustic and adds interest.
Not sure about the partial crossbuck, it does kind of frame the windmill. So I would ponder that awhile longer.
Definitely do not like the red yield sign border.  Would edit out this unsightly element and then make a decision on the crossbuck.
Hope my input is helpful.
ALLEN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/19 15:45 by krm152.

Date: 11/29/19 16:13
Author: santafe199

krm152 Wrote: > ...  Hope my input is helpful ...

Indeed it is. And thank you. Hearing different ideas about cropping and/or editing keeps a shooter on the toes. I'm thinking that a slightly tighter crop would allow an easier erasure of the crossbuck leftovers. But there are those who would scream & yell about "physically altering a scene". And then calmly walk out and whack a weed or pick up a piece of litter, thus physically altering a scene. My thoughts are I do NOT pay Trainorders.com $36 a year to see somebody shooting obnoxious wires...

;^)

Date: 11/29/19 18:35
Author: PasadenaSub

A great photo, Lance - regardless of what you decide to do with the crossbuck.

Rich

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0582 seconds