Home Open Account Help 383 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Tradition continues this year

Date: 01/02/20 18:48
Tradition continues this year
Author: ns2557

For the past 15-20 years or so I have gone out on New Years Day and taken shots from where ever I was at of what ever was running this day. I continued it again this year with Kris (msns2557) and we both managed some shots from the area close by. Here are some of them for your viewing pleasure.

Shot 1.  Rock & Rail is our local road along with UP as fae as freight roads go. Here in this shot we managed to get a few shots at the Holcim Plant in Portland where they keep their power at.  RRRR GP40 501 sits with recently on property 3 of the ex SL&RG units that were down Alamosa way.  That's SLRG 4141 on this end with SLRG 4144 & 4136 behind, all still in their NJT paint.

Shot 2.  One of 3 trains we managed to get moving. Here is bnsf 5802S as it heads SB thru the Fountain Colorado area late in the afternoon.

Shot 3.  UP GP40-2 1538 in it's still nice fresher paint sits as the local power at Colorado Springs. That's the old DRGW Station which became Giuseppes Restaraunt in downtown Colo Springs. Now closed to everday eating, I believe it is still available to "rent" out for special occasions.  Cheyenne Mtn and NORAD are on the mountain seen in the center and right rear.  View is looking south.

All in all another great day and another 1st day of the year shots to add to collection. Thanks all for looking. Hope everyone has a great New Year in 2020. Take care all. Ben & Kris

Date: 01/02/20 19:04
Re: Tradition continues this year
Author: mojaveflyer

Nice shots! I relly think UP geeps with the small wings on the nose look good. Thanks fr sharing!

James Nelson
Thornton, CO
www.flickr.com/mojaveflyer

Date: 01/02/20 19:17
Author: SCKP187

Nice shots, a variety of roads represented.
Brian Stevens

Date: 01/02/20 19:25
Author: WP805A

Great photos!, Happy New Years 2020 Ben and Kris .

Dave Dodds
San Dimas, CA

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/20 19:27 by WP805A.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.06 seconds