Home Open Account Help 325 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > a fine sight: a ex-bn sd70mac leading

Date: 01/04/20 06:39
a fine sight: a ex-bn sd70mac leading
Author: goneon66

i ususally don't take videos of auto rack trains.  then, i saw this ex-bn sd70 mac leading, grabbed my camera, and started to take the video.  since these fine motors seem to be at the end of their careers and they are rare leaders on the bnsf's transcon, i thought i'd post this.  

the csx sd40 was a nice catch too.

the location is on the bnsf's seligman sub between kingman and hackberry, az on the bnsf's seligman sub in the summer of 2019.............

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 01/04/20 07:53
Re: a fine sight: a ex-bn sd70mac leading
Author: ntharalson

Thanks for posting this.  Looks to be near the Walapi (sp) control point.  I never really cared for the Grinstein Green scheme but these days,
it's almost as good as a Warbonnet.  Hey, I said ALMOST!

Nick Tharalson,
Marion, IA

Date: 01/04/20 07:59
Author: goneon66

that is correct, just e/of c.p. walapai..........

Date: 01/04/20 15:43
Author: Ritzville

Nice catch 66 of the Grinstein 9687 on the point along with the CSXT unit. Rare indeed!

Larry

Date: 01/04/20 17:00
Author: Hookdragkick

I love a good MAC on a light train (lighter than a coal drag). Had one last year on a v-train and it hummed instead of screamed--smooth as Grandpa's Lincoln Continental, only slightly heavier :p.

Date: 01/05/20 08:11
Author: zfan

Nice to see a Grinstein green on point of an auto rack train.  Seems like you only see them coming out of PRB today. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0337 seconds