Home Open Account Help 333 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > New Years Eve at Elmhurst

Date: 01/05/20 09:49
New Years Eve at Elmhurst
Author: kevink

I had a couple of hours on New Years Eve to spend in Elmhurst, IL on the way up to my dad's. I wasn't expecting much because of the holiday but there were a couple of surprises. While crossing the IC tracks on West Avenue, I noticed the eastbound signal by Spring Road was green indicating something was heading this way. I headed down to Spring Road and got IC 3107 with an eastbound local.

Over on the UP side of Elmhurst, an eastbound Metra train rolled by pushed by Jimmy John's-wrapped #129. A few minutes later Metra 149 accelerates west with its train.

Date: 01/05/20 09:49
Re: New Years Eve at Elmhurst
Author: kevink

Next a local with UPY 709 headed east to the yard at Proviso. I think this was a turn from West Chicago, IL.
An eastbound stack train followed the local. UP 7956 is leading what is likely a transfer from Global 3 at Rochelle to Global 2 at Proviso,
The last train before I had to head north was a westbound stack train led by the solo UP 5660.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/20 09:55 by kevink.

Date: 01/05/20 10:47
Author: ghemr

Great photos---I was there New Year's Day!

Date: 01/05/20 14:36
Author: inCHI

Nice catch of the CN local, I've never seen that before there.

Date: 01/05/20 14:46
Author: New773

I think I saw you! I think I crossed the tracks right before your last picture. While crossing, I saw that train and thought I would’ve gone to say hi.

Date: 01/05/20 15:28
Author: krm152

Definitly like the IC Local photo, especially LHF.
Thanks for the post.
ALLEN

Date: 01/05/20 15:30
Author: texchief1

Nice shots!

Randy Lundgren
Elgin, TX

Date: 01/05/20 23:18
Author: dwatry

Kevin - bring these to the next slideshow!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0464 seconds