Home Open Account Help 342 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > UP passed Ice Fishermen at Palmer Lake, CO

Date: 02/02/20 14:36
UP passed Ice Fishermen at Palmer Lake, CO
Author: cozephyr

Northbound Union Pacific 7437, ES44AC, passed ice fishermen on Palmer Lake at Palmer Lake, CO, February 2, 2020.  Train came from Pueblo headed to North Yard, Denver, CO.  Weather that day was in the 60’s before winter weather returns Monday.

Congratulations Kansas City Chiefs-Super Bowl Champs-!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/20 19:23 by cozephyr.

Date: 02/02/20 15:21
Re: UP passed Ice Fishermen at Palmer Lake, CO
Author: ns2557

As warm as it's been, I would not have guessed that the lake would be frozen over. And to boot, with said weather I would not be outon the ice.  Great shot, thanks for sharing. Ben

Date: 02/02/20 18:15
Author: PHall

They're either brave or crazy and I'm leaning towards the latter.

Date: 02/02/20 21:39
Author: tomstp

Since that lake was totally dry not long ago I am surprised there are any fish in it.

Date: 02/03/20 06:03
Author: mopac1978

tomstp Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Since that lake was totally dry not long ago I am surprised there are any fish in it.

Reminds me of my favorite ice fishing joke.  Goes like this:  Two ice fishermen go looking for a place to fish.  They find a pristine, smooth spot and decide it will be a great place to fish.  Just as they're about to auger, a booming voice says, "There are no fish under the ice!".  Spooked, one of the fishermen hollers back, "Are you God?"  The booming voice says, "I'm the rink manager.  There are no fish under the ice!"

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0335 seconds