Home Open Account Help 319 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > UP 1943 leading on Sherman - the video

Date: 02/14/20 12:11
UP 1943 leading on Sherman - the video
Author: wko

Last week, I posted my photos from a quick chase of UP 1943 leading the ZG2LT 5 in and around Cheyenne, WY, and up Sherman Hill. Those photos can be found by clicking here.

Due to the incredibly high winds, I did not find it beneficial to shoot video for much of the chase, but I was able to set the camera up at the Borie bridge, and use the bridge as a barrier to block the wind. This proved to be a very effective way to do it, as the wind wasn't hitting the camera (or me!) much. In addition to 1943, UP 2580(?) went blasting by on main track 1 with an eastbound Z while the westbound was going by. I have also included the picture I took on my cell phone of the train blasting by.

I also added a quick scene of the beginning of the train at Granite. The wind here wasn't terrible (it wasn't great, either), but it was manageable with my camera. Unfortunately, my battery died not long after the power went by of that train.

Thanks for looking, hope you enjoyed!
~wko

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 02/15/20 05:37
Re: UP 1943 leading on Sherman - the video
Author: electromac

Outstanding!!!

Date: 02/15/20 14:01
Author: UP951West

Great job !  Thanks for sharing and for braving the winter on Sherman Hill.  --Kelly

Date: 02/15/20 23:32
Author: RRBMail

Beautiful! But where's the sign man? Where's the sign?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0292 seconds