Western Railroad Discussion > where is it? quizville

Date: 02/22/20 04:04
where is it? quizville
Author: dan

Date: 02/22/20 04:28
Re: where is it? quizville

edit added 2 more pics so  locals can get it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/20 11:32 by dan.

Date: 02/22/20 05:57
Author: billio

Wild guess:  somewhere on UP's KP line in eastern Colorago/westerm Knnsas?

Date: 02/22/20 06:59
Author: 2ebright

The mountains in the background remind me of the Colorado Front Range. So, maybe this is around Longmont, Lafayette area.
Dick

Date: 02/22/20 07:14
Author: Curt

Wild guess is just outside of Oroville; heading towards Kramm.

Date: 02/22/20 07:22
Author: ns2557

Not the KP. But Colorado Front Range. My first thought was Rocky Flats then old Rock east out of Springs. But I know I am way off, but still sticking with Colo Frnt Rng.  Ben

Date: 02/22/20 07:38
Author: CPW548

BNSF Lafayette CO branch, old CB&Q line from Broomfield to Longmont, which not only goes to Lafayette.

Posted from Android

Date: 02/22/20 07:47
Author: bbcc

Not Florida.

Date: 02/22/20 13:51
Author: 2ebright

If you read the lease sign in image #5, it indicates that those tanks in the mid distance are the Woolley B Battery; (or possibly 8 Battery) in Weld County, Colorado. That sign is for a gas well location and gives the ownership of the lease. Weld County is loaded with gas wells. The county line between Weld and Boulder Counties is just a very short distance east of the town of Lafayette. If I could read the Section,Township & Range info. on the sign we could nail the trackage location easily, assuming Dan took all of the pictures in the same place. 

Dick

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/20 13:51 by 2ebright.

Date: 02/22/20 14:26

Dick is accurate, This the UP Boulder branch now owned by RTD

Inactive since they widened the I25, if not before 

RTD built on the Dent branch and purchased this LINE with that.  

The picures I took have Erie for addresses here, just N/E of the old town

RTD could build a Boulder line  this way, extending the N line that will hopefully start carrying pax in august, and is being litigated for the delays, but the preferred alignment is along the C&S, but BNSF wants a ton of cash to share their ROW.  So perhaps they should just go this way, as the C&S line  has a HOV lane and shoulder access for RTD to use.  They would still need to use the C&S route to longmont for rail to reach this goal of Fast tracks, unless they used a Q ROW into that town, but that would not benefit Bldr-Lgmt riders,  AND THAT LINE HAS HAD DEVELOPMENT ENCROACH i THINK.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0499 seconds