Home Open Account Help 373 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > FRA establishes web portal for grade crossing delays

Date: 02/26/20 09:23
FRA establishes web portal for grade crossing delays
Author: BigSkyBlue

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fort-collins-drivers-frustrated-by-longer-train-delays-get-new-tool-to-fight-back/ar-BB10q4wP?ocid=spartanntp

The FRA has established an online portal for documenting delays at railroad crossings across the nation to collect data on the issue.

Some interesting items in the article regarding BNSF operations of double coal mtys on the Front Range Subdivision.  BSB

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/20 22:24 by BigSkyBlue.

Date: 02/26/20 14:23
Re: FRA establishes web portal for grade crossing delays
Author: BurtNorton

Nice.  As a railroad manager, its good to finally see a centralized reporting platform for this important issue.   On the other side of the coin,  the squeaky wheel gets the oil and sh*t rolls down hill, so:  look for railroad executives to put pressure on front line management to "keep the trains moving".   This ought to be good.  Anyone want some popcorn? 

Date: 02/26/20 15:01
Author: callum_out

Used to by hysterical calling the SP. Are you an employee? How do you know that's an overtime ring? Is there a train nearby? After giving the box info,
Where are you calling from? Ah, the good old days.

Out 

Date: 02/27/20 14:51
Author: Rathole

This is good.  I'm a 40 year rail veteran (now retired) and I know there are times blocked crossings can't be helped, particularly in times of mechanical problems and other reasons.  But in my hometown of Memphis, NS has been blocking one particular crossing for hours with excessively long trains that won't fit in the yard, waiting on outbound UP crews.   I heard the NS yardmaster last week telling a train to be sure to clear Semmes St due to complaints.    

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0419 seconds