Home Open Account Help 164 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Some morning action in Phoenix.

Date: 03/19/20 13:11
Some morning action in Phoenix.
Author: arizonaBNSF

Yesterday in the pouring rain, I watched an NS-NS-KCS consist come into Phoenix on the Peavine and that power might leave this morning, possibly all together, I headed trackside. The clouds were clearing from the storm yesterday, creating some interesting skies. 

1. The O-35 is done on the Ennis Sub already and is heading through Peoria, AZ, approaching the 83rd Ave. grade crossing.
2 & 3.  In all the time I've been railfanning here, I've never caught them switch out Peoria despite the fact that other railfans seem to see it frequently. When they stopped and they were about to uncouple from the boxcar, I thought today would be that day. Unfortunately, the first grain hopper in the cut of cars to pick up was still being unloaded, so they got back on the move without doing any switching. 

Date: 03/19/20 13:15
Re: Some morning action in Phoenix.

4. Grab shot of BNSF Extra 2097 trailing. The orginal 1974 paint scheme complete with with ACI label, BN no trespassing decal, and class lights makes this unit a real beauty! This is by far my favorite switcher to catch here on the Peavine, so much that I modeled it in HO scale.
5. The daily EB intemrodel, running as a Q instead of a Z today, approaches Peoria. None of the the heretofore mentioned run-through power was present, but an excellent wave from friendly engineer made up for that. 

Date: 03/19/20 13:50
Author: callum_out

So I asked if the rail to truck IM facility on the El Mirage border (Ennis Sub) was being switched and never got an answer, so I'll ask
again. 

Out 

Date: 03/19/20 13:57

callum_out Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So I asked if the rail to truck IM facility on the
> El Mirage border (Ennis Sub) was being switched
> and never got an answer, so I'll ask
> again. 
>
> Out 

No. There are several industries going up in that part of town, but none of them appear to be for Intermodel, at least not yet.

Date: 03/19/20 14:04

I just checked Google, shows up as Crescent Crown Distributing and is a rail to truck distro center, just wondering if indeed it 
was rail served.

Out

Date: 03/19/20 14:11

callum_out Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just checked Google, shows up as Crescent Crown
> Distributing and is a rail to truck distro center,
> just wondering if indeed it 
> was rail served.
>
> Out

Cresent Crown is the industry inside the first curve on the branch from El Mirage. It has been there for awhile and takes in boxcars of beer for distribution. 

Date: 03/19/20 14:15

Cool, at least it's being used, that went in just after I moved out of Surprise in 2007.

Out 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.068 seconds