Home Open Account Help 218 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > OT-California -No Travel-!?!

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

Date: 03/19/20 19:00
OT-California -No Travel-!?!
Author: cozephyr

Colorado news channel mentioned briefly California has issued a state wide NO travel.  Be well my friends.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/20 19:01 by cozephyr.

Date: 03/19/20 19:18
Re: OT-California -No Travel-!?!
Author: ChrisCampi

Governor Newsome just declared at state wide shelter in place. So essential jobs can go to work and people can go get food and medical care ect. Nothing about no travel though. 

Date: 03/19/20 19:20
Author: BlaineM

My Daughter just called from Los Angeles told me LA is shut down.
Blaine in Utah

Date: 03/19/20 19:29
Author: SCAX3401

BlaineM Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My Daughter just called from Los Angeles told me
> LA is shut down.
> Blaine in Utah

Not completely no.  Freeways are still open, trains and buses are still running, most restaurants (except those that just do sit-down) are open along with grocery stores, gas stations and other necessary places.  But with all the entertainment and such closed, traffic is way down and it might feel that way.

Date: 03/19/20 19:54
Author: jgmiller

The governor and the mayor of LA did fantastic jobs of describing what is allowed and isn't and then the media proceeded to ignore it and start either asking dumb questions or stating dumb things.

Non-essential businesses are shut down but there is a LONG list of what is essential and they went out of their way to say go for a hike, enjoy the outside just don't go within 6 feet of people you aren't living with. This is common sense and so many people clearly lack it.

Date: 03/19/20 20:24
Author: TCnR

Here's a decent explanation with a list of do's and don'ts:

https://krcrtv.com/news/local/ca-governor-gavin-newsom-declares-statewide-shelter-in-place-order-explained

The guy confuses the hell out of me.

Date: 03/19/20 20:32
Author: cchan006

jgmiller Wrote:
> This is common sense and so
> many people clearly lack it.

Not surprising in a panic situation. Even without the panic, people just read the headlines, ignore the rest of the story, and act/react based on ignorance ALL THE TIME, and I don't exclude myself from that idiocy.

Some police departments already had to reassure people that this isn't about arrests, when the local "shelter-in-place" was announced few days ago. 

Date: 03/19/20 20:41
Author: callum_out

Does this include millenials on Spring Break?

Out 

Date: 03/19/20 20:55
Author: mundo

millenials on Spring Break shold be rounded up, sent to the nearest Military base for bsic Training.   The ARMY NEEDS YOU  !!

Date: 03/19/20 20:58
Author: donner_dude1

Outdoor activities are ok as long as you maintain your 6 feet personal space between you and non-family members.

Hiking, cross country sking, golfing, running, Rail Photography good to go. Just don't plan on eating in a restaurant or find paper products in a store.

Date: 03/19/20 21:01

So many of the Media reporters do not hear or understand.....they remain a major problem.

Course most of them are what we used to call "PUP" reporters, just leaning the trade.

Date: 03/19/20 21:20
Author: PHall

mundo Wrote:
> millenials on Spring Break shold be rounded up,
> sent to the nearest Military base for bsic
> Training.   The ARMY NEEDS YOU  !!

The majority couldn't pass the physical. Only about 30% of the folks that try to enlist actually make it to Basic Training.

Date: 03/19/20 21:25

To hell with passing a physical....course moset can not wear shoes either.

During Korea War I was what was then called a class C physical, having back casts in Jr High.  But I  made it through and served the nation in Germany..

Date: 03/20/20 02:02
Author: mmm1000

Like my old Irish grandmother would say, God rest her soul "if common sense were so common more people would have it" timeless words.

Date: 03/20/20 03:55
Author: RS11

I've been following the Pacific Crest Trail Facebook Group.  It's been interesting.  Lots of discussion whether hiking the PCT is "going out for a walk" or an activity that should be banned.  Seems to be 75-25 in favor of staying off the trail.  Same kinds of discussions going on at the Appalachian Trail Facebook Group.  Interesting to read the pros and cons and sadly, the name calling has begun.  Hikers are usually somewhat above that.

Date: 03/20/20 04:07
Author: howeld

Genuine question.... At what point have we gone too far?

I understand the flatten the curve and overwhelming hospitals if we don’t isolate but but at same time we are killing peoples lively hoods and the economy.

There will come a point that the damage to economy is worse than the sickness.

My opinion is we are only a few weeks away from that point.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 03/20/20 04:13
Author: dcfbalcoS1

Most of these government mandated rules and scare situations from the media will end as soon as the country shuts down completely from stupidity.

Date: 03/20/20 05:50
Author: Lackawanna484

dcfbalcoS1 Wrote:
>         Most of these government mandated
> rules and scare situations from the media will end
> as soon as the country shuts down completely from
> stupidity.

There's a lot of discussion about whether a Chinese style military enforced lock down works.

Last night, Bloomberg Beijing reporter Tom McKenzie reported on his 8 hour processing after landing.

Then the police drove him to his apartment and notified his building manager of his quarantine status.

Posted from Android

Date: 03/20/20 05:57
Author: Highspeed

howeld Wrote:
------------------------------------------------

> My opinion is we are only a few weeks away from
> that point.

Less.
As soon as rent payments are missed in 12 days, hard decisions will have to be made.

Date: 03/20/20 06:23
Author: Lackawanna484

Highspeed Wrote:
> howeld Wrote:
> ------------------------------------------------
>
> > My opinion is we are only a few weeks away from
> > that point.
>
> Less.
> As soon as rent payments are missed in 12 days,
> hard decisions will have to be made.

Hotel, bar, and some restaurant workers are already at that point.

Posted from Android

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.059 seconds