Home Open Account Help 357 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Couple KCS Dodgers . . .

Date: 04/07/20 18:16
Couple KCS Dodgers . . .
Author: 3rdswitch

.   .   .    on the road home from some family business in MS that could not be ignored in spite of circumstances. KCS calls it's locals "dodgers" as they must dodge main line traffic while trying to complete their work. On the way down I was burned twice by the Ft Smith dodger so today I was up before dawn saying it was not going to happen on my return trip. The Heavener, OK to Ft Smith, AR turn was a little over half way to it's destination passing through Rock Island, OK on the Ft Smith branch (top). As additional info, this job goes on duty pretty early clearing the main onto the branch around 0700 hrs not long after sunrise. This day he had a very healthy sixty plus car train. Also, as info, the only tunnel on the KCS is about a mile ahead of the train. At first I thought about trying for the tunnel shot but it requires a hike in from both directions and on google earth it appears there is very little room between the tracks and track side foilage. This afternoon the southbound Watts, OK, dodger was returning to Watts lite engine from switching in the Siloam Springs area (bottom).
JB

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/20 04:08 by 3rdswitch.

Date: 04/07/20 20:39
Re: Couple KCS Dodgers . . .
Author: MP4093

That tunnel is also the only one in Oklahoma, but not by much, it is just barely in the state.

Date: 04/07/20 22:37
Author: SP8595

Nice pair!

Date: 04/08/20 09:07
Author: SCKP187

Really great stuff JB. Locals are always cool. Have enjoyed each of your travels shot the last week
Brian Stevens

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 4.7972 seconds