Home Open Account Help 249 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Turbine at Tehachapi

Date: 05/08/01 15:39
Turbine at Tehachapi
Author: mikeyjoe

A turbine on a heavy duty flat car was delivered today, it is sitting behind the "Apple ??? Resturant" or the turntable track. It was delivered by NS #7111 along with a "Davenport" Caboose and a SR boxcar. All looking good in the low angled sun light. And the power is still there.

Date: 05/08/01 17:40
RE: Turbine at Tehachapi
Author: DocJones

Yep, you're going to see a lot more of that. I've got a photo of a set of wind turbine blades, each 40 ft. long being delivered on three flatbeds. If you look up on the hill from Summit toward Cameron and a little to the south you'll see them; they're the biggest ones on the hill. I wonder how many of those things it would take to completely stop the wind over the Tehachapis :-))
BTW, mikeyjoe, loved the "envronmentally correct SUV" photo. If you remember Lew's Garage you're at least as old as I am or you heard it from your dad or uncle.
Have fun, be safe
Doc Jones

Date: 05/08/01 18:57
RE: NS7111 light engine move
Author: BDPerry

The NS7111 is running light engine to Bakersfield. At 6:45pm it went in at Marcel to meet a BNSF eastbound baretable train (the 6:53pm train on the railcam).

Date: 05/09/01 12:59
RE: NS7111 turbinito expresso
Author: TopcoatSmith

I shot that train on Ice Deck 1 at Colton the other day, I guess the power plant at Mc Kittrick is gonna be pretty sizable. Watch the mountain for another big truck move down into the valley.

Date: 05/09/01 13:24
RE: NS7111 turbinito expresso
Author: mikeyjoe

I guess that the really big pieces of machinery for those projects comes down from Stockton on Schnabel Cars.

Date: 05/09/01 15:00
RE: WHOOPS!!!
Author: DocJones

Man, do I have some serious egg on my face. Here I was pontificating about wind turbines and y'all are talking about the other kind. Thanks for not slamming me. BTW, I'd like to see a photo of that rig if any of you guys want to put one up or send it to me.
Have fun, be safe, with apologies
Doc Jones

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0277 seconds