Home Open Account Help 312 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > New train for Stevens Pass

Date: 06/14/20 12:20
New train for Stevens Pass
Author: MILWRF

According to the Skykomish Rail cam site a train that went through Skykomish,WA at 12:12 pm today is 
a newly created train with the symbol H-SEABRC4-13A. I believe up to now most of this 
traffic has been added to various intermodal trains.  Mostly lumber loads.

Date: 06/14/20 13:07
Re: New train for Stevens Pass
Author: Pacific5th

I’m not sure this is a regular train yet. I think they are doing this as needed when they build up a lot of of BRC traffic. It’s ran a few times in the past couple in months.

Date: 06/14/20 13:11
Author: callum_out

For those who wonder, BRC is Clearing Yard in the Chicago (Clearing) IL area.

Out 

Date: 06/14/20 13:18
Author: yes

Is this a up r bnsf train?

Posted from Android

Date: 06/14/20 13:24
Author: callum_out

BNSF, you can tell somewhat by the fact that UP uses two letter station codes while BNSF uses three leters.
oOut 

Date: 06/14/20 13:40
Author: yes

Big 10 4 OUT.

Posted from Android

Date: 06/14/20 15:21
Author: funnelfan

That H-SEABRC has been running infrequently for a couple months now according to a friend of mine. Not sure where the lumber is coming from, Canada, Overseas Imports? Shades of the old H-EVEGAL that used to be loaded down with Canadian Lumber heading back east.

One new train that is starting this week is that new South Seattle - New Baltimore, OH service. Think the symbol is Q-SSENBO/Q-NBOSSE but not sure on that.

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 06/14/20 18:25
Author: MEKoch

It is North Baltimore (CSX intermodal terminal and block swapping yard).  

Date: 06/14/20 19:37
Author: zchcsse

"NWH"is the symbol BNSF uses for North Baltimore, OH Haulage. 

Also, when a manifest train ends in a '4', it's not (yet) a regularly scheduled train. 
>
> One new train that is starting this week is that
> new South Seattle - New Baltimore, OH service.
> Think the symbol is Q-SSENBO/Q-NBOSSE but not sure
> on that.

Date: 06/15/20 01:57
Author: bbcc

the new “service” that was announced is not a new train. so far they are just putting loads for ohio on the head end of the QSSECHC. only amounts to 10 wells or so. Thats my understanding. dont know what csx train these loads go onto at chicago.

funnelfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> One new train that is starting this week is that
> new South Seattle - New Baltimore, OH service.
> Think the symbol is Q-SSENBO/Q-NBOSSE but not sure
> on that.

Date: 06/15/20 02:03

Also agree w other comments above, the SEABRC is only run as needed, hence the -4 suffix. it seems no more than weekly. dominated by wrapped sierra pacific lumber loads. these same lumber loads also have been showing up on the rear ends of some chicago-bound stack trains out of BNSF Stacy Yard, in cuts of 30 cars or so, usually w a box or tank thrown in here or there. this has been happening for 4-6 months although the dedicated BRC trains seem slightly more common just in the last month or two.

Date: 06/15/20 05:12
Author: funnelfan

Really wonder how the Serria Pacific lumber is finding it's way to Seattle, WA? I thought maybe with all the empty container docks in Seattle they might be barging the lumber from Shelton to avoid paying the PSAP shortline, but looked and saw no barge facilities in Shelton.

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 06/15/20 06:59

good question, ive been wondering what train those loads come in to
seattle on. definitely have seen them in Stacy a bunch.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0384 seconds