Home Open Account Help 372 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > BNSF Chicago Ash St. connection (CREATE WA4)

Date: 06/24/20 08:09
BNSF Chicago Ash St. connection (CREATE WA4)
Author: inCHI

Seems like this project has been done for a year, but it's taken me awhile to luck into a train using the connection. ACTS helped with that this morning, showing a movement off of the BNSF Chicago Sub heading towards the Chillicothe Sub. It was held for a bit at the curve - I was thinking CN might have been sluggish, but a previous thread shows that BNSF controls the interlocking? Would that include using the crossovers to get across the Freeport Sub, as these moves do?

I was amused that the first movement I saw on this BNSF project had a consist with CSX, UP, and NS power. Otherwise it was empty baretables. The foliage is really tall around the park where you can see the trackage just north of Ash Street, but I included a partially obstructed shot of the new-ish huge signal bridge on the north side of the canal.

Date: 06/24/20 17:31
Re: BNSF Chicago Ash St. connection (CREATE WA4)
Author: atsf121

That is a monster signal bridge.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 06/24/20 22:04
Re: BNSF Chicago Ash St. connection (CREATE WA4)
Author: pbouzide

Great catch, I'd been monitoring this connection annually when I visit by climbing up at 24th Street.

Last two visits the signals were lit but the rails hadn't been traffic burnished yet.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0402 seconds