Home Open Account Help 268 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Low Light at the crossing

Date: 06/25/20 19:51
Low Light at the crossing
Author: santafe199

It seems the older I get the more unlikely it is to find me out shooting at sunrise. Evidently I had more vim, vigor & vitality* a few years ago. At any rate, back in ’12 I was up in the Marysville area at sunrise. As I remember it, this train caught me unawares. So I took the best grab shot I could, considering I had my zoom on the camera set at 300mm. I kinda like the shot, Low Light & all. What I didn’t know at the time was it would end up being another volley in the Low Light duel I’m having with that LLD rascal out there on the left coast…

NEXT!

1. UP 6626 leads a coal empty up to the 11th Terrace crossing just east of McLaughlin, the official name of the east end of the southern bypass “yard” (read: holding tracks) in Marysville, KS. It’s 8:11 AM on November 19, 2012.

Thanks for the coffee!
Lance Garrels
santafe199

*BTW: Who or what company used this advertising slogan??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/20 19:51 by santafe199.

Date: 06/25/20 19:58
Re: Low Light at the crossing
Author: SouthWestRailCams

Nice Lance!

SouthWest RailCams
CA, NM, CO, TX, AZ
https://SouthWestRailCams.com

Date: 06/25/20 21:25
Author: ATSFSuperChief

Another good one Lance. Like the shadow of the train on the trees on left side of photo.

Don Allender

Date: 06/25/20 21:58
Author: DynamicBrake

Nice shot oh Master of low light.  The rail glint and catching the gate mid-stroke makes the shot!  Thanks for sharing Lance.

Kent in CArmel Valley

Date: 06/25/20 22:07
Author: Ritzville

Another NICE entry in the low light campaign!

Larry

Date: 06/26/20 04:35
Author: Bob3985

Great photo Low Light Lance.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 06/26/20 05:30
Author: Bscale316

To answer your question, I think it was Dr. Pepper soft drinks.
I think I saw it at their museum some time ago.
Bill in Ft Worth

Date: 06/26/20 07:21
Author: santafe199

Bscale316 Wrote: > ... Dr. Pepper soft drinks ...

You are correct. I was so intrigued by the phrase, and especially why I would remember it. I was pretty sure it had to be some ad campaign. I ran that phrase in Google and came up with a whole page of Dr Pepper stuff, dating back before the other turn of the century. It looks like it was used way before I was born ('55). So apparently it was a recurring theme...

Lance

Date: 06/26/20 11:58
Author: texchief1

Nice shot, Lance!  You have to wait a little longer to catch a coal train now on the Marysville Sub.

Randy Lundgren

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0484 seconds