Home Open Account Help 179 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Skunked but not defeated

Date: 07/04/20 18:48
Skunked but not defeated
Author: bmarti7

The BNSF was sending two looong intermodals eastward across the Dickinson Sub today. My quest was shoot one or both in a location where I could get all 12,000 ft. in one frame. I found neither. They ran fast or really slow. On my return to Bismarck I noticed the huge thunderheads, east and southeast, were so high that they were peeking above the hills. Radar showed they were 140 and 160 miles from my location. Tops of the one near Jamestown (left) were 46,000 ft, and the one near Aberdeen (right) was 51,000 ft. Keeping with the railroad theme, I found this intermediate signal east of Hebron. Before leaving Bismarck, this is what they looked like as they were developing. The high-rise building is the North Dakota State Capitol. Thanks for looking.

BB

Date: 07/04/20 18:53
Re: Skunked but not defeated
Author: DynamicBrake

Hey Bill, how come I don't see any contrails?  Nice shots BTW, thanks for sharing and Happy 4th.

Kent in CArmel Valley

Date: 07/04/20 19:17
Author: bmarti7

DynamicBrake Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey Bill, how come I don't see any contrails? 
> Nice shots BTW, thanks for sharing and Happy 4th.
>
> Kent in CArmel Valley

'cause no pilot is dumb enough to get close
Happy 4th as well Kent.

Date: 07/05/20 00:00
Author: Ritzville

Quite the two thunderclouds Bill! Happy Fourth to you!!

Larry

Date: 07/05/20 07:14
Author: lilwes

Good thing you said North Dakota 'cus that looks just like good 'ol Kansas thunderheads.
Keep looking up, Wes

Wes Chiles
Topeka, KS

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0506 seconds