Home Open Account Help 281 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > SD40s Galore in Chicago

Date: 07/19/20 02:08
SD40s Galore in Chicago
Author: sethamtrak

The day started out by seeing a heads up about a southbound grain train. I quick headed out to the UP Harvard Sub at Mount Prospect. An outbound Metra showed up and shortly after it passed, the signal flipped with the lineup off the Harvard Sub onto the "live wye" and onto the Milwaukee Sub. The grain train passed around 1:30pm. After the grain train I headed back to the house and avoided the heat. I headed back out later when I saw on ATCS a (kinda) late WSOR train T001 shoving back off the BRC through A5. I headed to Glenview and got set up for the train. The police were casing the area looking for not one but two missing persons. Shortly after I got set up a 3-pack of SD40-2s rolled through with the T001. After the T001 passed I knew it shouldn't be but 5-10 more minutes before the southbound WSOR showed up. I saw on ATCS that it was rolling through Libertyville when T001 was about to leave A5. I tried to time the meet the best I could. I thought it was an early counterpart T004 but I was wrong. It turned out to to be a grain extra with a 4-pack of SD40-2s. Seven SD40s in less than twenty minutes means that I am a happy railfan. Enjoy the photos!

Seth- 

Date: 07/19/20 02:17
Re: SD40s Galore in Chicago

WSOR T001 with the Grow Wisconsin engine leading. 

Date: 07/19/20 02:20

WSOR Grain Extra 

Date: 07/19/20 02:22

Date: 07/19/20 07:38
Author: UP951West

Extra effort paid off. Sure like #3 at the depot. Calendar quality. Thanks for sharing. 

Date: 07/20/20 11:11
Author: exopr

Your pics make me want to visit these places.  Thanks!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0366 seconds