Home Open Account Help 368 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Colorful Monday around La Crosse WI

Date: 07/29/20 03:39
Colorful Monday around La Crosse WI
Author: rrartist

Monday dawned with clear skies and plenty of sun so I concentrated on the BNSF with the likes of the Z SSECHC, BNSF 8010 and it's elephant styled consist. The Z PTLCHC wasn't far behind with the BNSF 8083 shown here sailing past the La Crosse Golf course. The South Local followed the Zs towards Savanna IL behind the BNSF 2606.

Date: 07/29/20 03:49
Re: Colorful Monday around La Crosse WI
Author: rrartist

CP 288, CP 8028 curved into La Crosse running hard to stay ahead of Amtrak #8, these two met CP 687, CP 5020. If you squint you can see the clear signal at Grand Crossing for Amtrak who was over the Mississippi River at this point. Lastly, my wife and I had supper with my son and girlfriend in Trempealeau WI and I knew the BNSF 282 was coming, my son knew of a cool shot near town we headed out for a quick image. Here the BNSF 282 roars through the corn fields on it's way back to Bakken Oil fields. Stay warm!

Date: 07/29/20 05:14
Author: bmarti7

Nice ones Jim. No. 6 is my favorite-the oil cans.

Bismarck Bill 

Date: 07/29/20 07:31
Author: cabman

Nice to see you're getting out again, Jim.  Must have been painting up a storm indoors during the high humidity and temps lately.

Date: 07/29/20 09:47
Author: Ritzville

Nice to see the older EMD action and nice variety!

Larry

Date: 07/29/20 19:33
Author: UP951West

Great action shots. Thanks for posting. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0434 seconds