Home Open Account Help 356 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Santa Fe Surviving in Fort Worth

Date: 08/03/20 19:11
Santa Fe Surviving in Fort Worth
Author: Jadon

After hearing word of a Santa Fe Warbonnet at BNSF's North Yard in Fort Worth I knew I had to try and go get pictures as I don't have any of them and don't know how long they'll last. I decided to wait until the sun swung around a little more to the north for better lighting on the nose but that decision would make seeing the warbonnet on the lead not possible. Sometime during the day BNSF must've turned the power around which put a NS SD70ACC on the lead. As I was shooting that train I noticed a bit of yellow in the distance heading towards me and I decided to wait and see what they did. Surely enough about a minute later BNSF 195 still in Santa Fe blue and yellow rolled by with a lengthy cut of cars behind it. This easily made up for the original goal not being doable and I was happy with what I was given in the short amount of time I had.

1) NS 1842 on the head end of the original train I came for. The warbonnet, BNSF 690, can be seen third out.
2) BNSF 195 puts on a smoke show pulling out its line of cars. The sun was peeking through clouds of storms that had formed to the west
3) Closer shot of 195

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/20 19:13 by Jadon.

Date: 08/04/20 07:27
Re: Santa Fe Surviving in Fort Worth
Author: czuleget

195 has been working Watson locales for a few years i the recent past, here in Los Angeles area. 

Date: 08/04/20 16:39
Author: ns1000

I REALLY like Pics 1 and 2!!

Date: 08/04/20 21:56
Author: BNSF-6432

Really like number 1! Lots of color and a notched nose SD70 leading.

PQM

Date: 08/05/20 06:31
Author: SP8595

Very Nice!

Date: 08/06/20 07:30
Author: RRTom

This ATSF SD40-2 was in Ft. Worth one year ago.  I don't know the area but might have also been BNSF North Yard?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0354 seconds