Home Open Account Help 333 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > UP in Oklahoma . . .

Date: 08/10/20 17:46
UP in Oklahoma . . .
Author: SCKP187

A mighty fine day for train chasing yesterday here on the UP Cherokee Sub.  For the first time in several days it wasn't raining plus the UP was supplying lots of material to shoot from foreign  power to single unit trains, new shiny power, and old storage power being repositioned around the system.  The 15mph breezes made the 108* heat index temps bareable.

1.     UP 3037 MDMHO patiently waiting in Muskogee OK to move south as soon as the Police release a crime scene area on the tracks a few miles south of here.

2.     UP 8015 with an mt grainer headed for Sloan IA ready for a meet at Whitman Siding near Oktaha OK

3.     UP 4188-8649 UEPLIT through Eufaula OK with an ethanol train

more to follow . .

Date: 08/10/20 17:53
Re: UP in Oklahoma . . .

4.     UP 5580 arrives the depot for a crew change at McAlester OK--in tow are 7 storage units going to the Houston? area

5.     CSX 5304-UP 5022-8428 MDNCB B leaving Canadian OK

6.     UP 6606-8514-8742 south at LaBarge (Wagoner) OK with yet another 7 storage units that were picked up in Marysville KS.  A coal train bound for TX that I didn't get to shoot, I understand had 8 stored units in its consist as well

more to follow . .

Date: 08/10/20 17:56

7.     On the way to the Muskogee area to start shooting, I caught this BNSF train in Beggs OK with NS power--NS 7697 in the siding waiting to meet a southbound

Photos August 9 2020  Thanks for looking
Brian Stevens

Date: 08/10/20 18:04
Author: ble692

The extra engines on the two trains were dead and moving to Ray, TX. Not sure if that is their new storage location.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/20 18:04 by ble692.

Date: 08/10/20 18:07
Author: bmarti7

Brian-you had a nice day indeed.

Bismarck Bill

Date: 08/10/20 18:08
Author: Ritzville

You did really well Brian with lots of action in that 108 heat index. I think I would have wilted, lol. Bad enough in the backyard at 90 and 95 tomorrow.

Larry

Date: 08/10/20 18:44
Author: twjurgens

Nice shots!

Date: 08/10/20 20:16
Author: BNSF-6432

Nice series! Not very common to see foreign power on the Creek Sub.

PQM

Posted from Android

Date: 08/10/20 20:23
Author: King_Coal

Nice series of photos. Looks like it was busy. Interesting depot at McCalester. Was that a MKT structure? Thanks for sharing.

Date: 08/11/20 06:54
Author: SP8595

Nice catches and shots!

Date: 08/11/20 07:34
Author: SouthWestRailCams

Great Series Brian!

Posted from Android

SouthWest RailCams
CA, NM, CO, TX, AZ
https://SouthWestRailCams.com

Date: 08/11/20 07:44

King_Coal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice series of photos. Looks like it was busy.
> Interesting depot at McCalester. Was that a MKT
> structure? Thanks for sharing.

I didn't go to McAlester during the Katy years, so I asked my friend TTownTrains and he said yes, the MKT built this depot located in north McAlester in the old historic district.  At one time there was a multi-story brick depot with elegant dining and facilities located in central downtown at the Rock Island diamond (now UP and A-OK) but that has been gone for many many years.  It was probably similar to the huge structure that Parsons KS had.  There are some post card type photos of the McAlester depot floating around on Google
Brian

Date: 08/11/20 11:41
Author: jmhemmer

One interesting aspect of the earlier McAlester joint depot (Katy and Rock Island) was that the waiting room was crowded with six restrooms: Ladies, Gentlemen, Negro Men, Negro Women, Indian Men, and Indian Women.  This complied with the very first bill passed by the Oklahoma Senate in 1907, Senate Bill No. 1, which required segregation of public transportation facilities by race.  I spent a lot of time there after detraining from CRI&P's RDC No. 24, waiting for Katy's late No. 6, which never seemed to be on time for me.  

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0558 seconds