Home Open Account Help 383 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Cañon City, CO

Date: 08/13/20 11:37
Cañon City, CO
Author: ATSF2324

Bridge Street....    Former AT&SF branch line to a closed mine south of town....

AF&SF 23/24

Date: 08/13/20 11:56
Re: Cañon City, CO
Author: ns2557

This track went south to the old Cotter Mill, an old Uranium processing plant. Was served by Rock and Rail last time service was performed on line. Last used for car storage tho. Came off Tenn Pass ML at East End Canon City, off the siding located here.. Ben

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/20 11:57 by ns2557.

Date: 08/13/20 12:39
Author: callum_out

That was the line that had the siding that used to host the Santa Fe water cars many years ago, off the switch right across the creek.

Out 

Date: 08/13/20 14:10
Author: ns2557

callum_out Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That was the line that had the siding that used to
> host the Santa Fe water cars many years ago, off
> the switch right across the creek.
>
> Out 

Rich, The tracks came off the siding at the east end. Electric Lock and all here. After getting the lock ya had to ge the signal out of the siding onto main. The track went west twds the station, the 1 track directly in front of station. (We had to get some water one time here on that track for 1 of the 2 units we had, kept tripping the low water alarm. unit was one of those LMX B39's that Rock & Rail were using at that time) then went back east and over what called Blacks Bridge here and up the hill to Cotters. Along the way there was some trackage that served another plant but not sure what it was, all this before reaching the Cotter Plant. If ya look at Google Maps/Sat you can see where the other tracks were at. Haven't been up that way in years so I do not know if they, the tracks, are still in place.  Cotters received Lime, Sulphuric Acid and Zirconium Ore in hoppers with a cover over them, 1 train came in with a KCS White SD40 along with the other power on that particular train). Take care my friend.  Ben

Date: 08/13/20 15:07
Author: callum_out

There were two silver water tanks and they had previously resided at Grand Canyon, thanks for the added facts!

Out 

Date: 08/14/20 22:22
Author: koloradokid

I hope we can all be remembered so sweetly!

Robert

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0369 seconds