Home Open Account Help 246 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > The ghost town of Martin

Date: 09/05/20 22:37
The ghost town of Martin
Author: atsf121

Quick grab shot on the way home from my son's mountain bike race today of the old water tower and office building of the Utah Railway in Martin, UT.  While the UP yard in Helper still had hopper cars, some box cars, and more engines sitting there than I expected, the Utah Railway yard just down the road is full of rusting covered hopper cars and nothing else.  Doesn't look like anything has moved since they were parked there.  I'm glad I was able to catch a coal train over Soldier Summit and an oil train leaving Martin as it's all gone now.  Sometimes change stinks!

Nathan

Date: 09/06/20 11:04
Re: The ghost town of Martin
Author: Super-C

Did they tear down the shop they had there?  Thanks Chris

Date: 09/06/20 15:20
Author: 2ebright

Shop and all facilities are still there.The office building hasen't been occupied for years.

Dick Ebright
Roosevelt, Utah

Date: 09/06/20 22:06
Author: atsf121

As Dick mentioned, the shop is there, it’s just hidden in this shot. I should have driven up the hill to take a look - we ended up being delayed an hour in Spanish Fork Canyon due to a hay trailer fire that spread to the hillside. The pickup pulling it looked fine, but the trailer was a mess. My son and I laughed as the UP pickup sailed by on the train tracks while we were parked.

Nathan

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.035 seconds