Home Open Account Help 326 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > BNSF Locomotive Shops Still Open?

Date: 09/06/20 18:45
BNSF Locomotive Shops Still Open?
Author: PRR_4859

Good Evening:

What locomotive shops are still open on BNSF besides Galesburg and Topeka? I know some were closed not long ago, but not sure which ones.

Thank you in advance.

Date: 09/06/20 19:22
Re: BNSF Locomotive Shops Still Open?
Author: callum_out

Barstow is very open doing the bulk of the LUGO start ups.

Out 

Date: 09/06/20 19:23
Author: commissioner

Northtown is open

Mark Kennebeck
Saint Paul, MN

Date: 09/06/20 19:34
Author: Q-GP30

Albia is open, oh wait that’s the contract shop!😡

Posted from iPhone

Date: 09/06/20 23:05
Author: brc600

Lincoln and Alliance NE

Date: 09/07/20 01:31
Author: Evan_Werkema

Argentine in Kansas City, KS was having some work done a few months ago: https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?1,5074860

Date: 09/07/20 07:42
Author: ntharalson

Well, lets see.  There's Galesburg, Argentine, Barstow, Northtown that have been mentioned and I think Havre still does some work, Alliance and of course, the heavy repair shop is Topeka.  I'm sure I've left one or two out.  The only one closed that I'm aware of is West Burlington.  San Bernardino was closed before the merger so that doesn't count.  

Nick Tharalson,
Marion, IA

Date: 09/07/20 09:19
Author: MP555

ntharalson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well, lets see.  There's Galesburg, Argentine,
> Barstow, Northtown that have been mentioned and I
> think Havre still does some work,

Yes, Havre is a GE shop.

> I'm
> sure I've left one or two out.  The only one
> closed that I'm aware of is West Burlington.

Glendive, MT and Guernsey, WY closed July 7, 2020.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/20 09:20 by MP555.

Date: 09/07/20 10:23
Author: callum_out

BNSF has 5 shops that are open.

Out 

Date: 09/09/20 19:34
Author: midwest

Galesburg remains open?

BNSF TO CLOSE 3 LOCOMOTIVE SHOPS
Journal of Commerce Staff | Feb 27, 1996 7:00PM EST

Burlington Northern Santa Fe Corp. will close three of its locomotive shops as a part of a cost-cutting effort that will save $8.9 million annually and require 435 workers to relocate.

Facilities will be closed late in May at Springfield, Mo., Denver and Galesburg, Ill.The Springfield facility, in the former headquarters city of BNSF predecessor St. Louis-San Francisco Railway, known as the Frisco, will affect 237 machinists, electricians, boilermakers, sheet metal workers, carmen and supervisors. Work they perform now on 366 locomotives is being moved to Kansas City, Kan., Minneapolis, Tulsa, Okla. and Memphis, Tenn.

The Denver shop has 110 workers belonging to same union crafts, with the other 88 affected workers now in Galesburg.

Approximately 50 of the Galesburg workers will be moved to West Burlington, Iowa with the remainder following transfer of work to Cicero, Ill. The Denver employees' work on 136 locomotives is being moved to Seattle and Lincoln, Neb.

BNSF is negotiating an implementing agreement that will cover the transfers of work, a spokesman said. That agreement is independent of a separate union deal being negotiated that covers the expected consolidation of BNSF's rail units, Burlington Northern Railroad and the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway.

Date: 09/09/20 20:22
Author: Spoony81

Yes Galesburg has a shop in the yard. A gentleman who works their regularly posts on the Galesburg Railroad News FB page

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0525 seconds