Home Open Account Help 353 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > morning Z train through Albany,OR

Date: 09/07/20 10:50
morning Z train through Albany,OR
Author: jefflocal

Caught the northbound Z train by pure luck, which is about the only way I see them these days. Out for a bike ride I ended up
    on the overpass because I didn't want to wait for the P&W to clear Queen Ave. Of note today's switcher is the new blue GP38-2
    2152. There's nothing special about the Z train photo but a couple of things of interest are the giant numbers on one side of the 
    7765's numberboard. The other is to the right you can see where a fire burned most of the embankment clean. There are a bunch
    of now homeless rabbits living there that are going to have to construct a new home. Happy Labor Day.

Jeff

Date: 09/07/20 12:46
Re: morning Z train through Albany,OR
Author: koloradokid

Looks like the  homeless folk lost control of their fire, be it a campfire or a cigarette butt.  

Jeff,

Haven't run into you in a very long time.  Still riding your bike I see.   Yes, catching any UP move in daylight is a challenge.  Even Amtrak is down one move each way each now.  Take care out there,

Robert

Date: 09/07/20 13:18
Re: morning Z train through Albany,OR
Author: jefflocal

Thank you Robert, I  think you nailed it on all points lol, about the only day I get out is Sunday morning anymore, just 
        got today off like a lot of folks. If you're ever in Albany around the station on a Sunday morning and see a guy on a red
        bike give me a yell. Happy fanning.

Jeff

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0352 seconds