Home Open Account Help 291 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Low Light courtesy of Mr Shadow!

Date: 09/19/20 09:55
Low Light courtesy of Mr Shadow!
Author: santafe199

It happens. You get your shot pre-composed. You know which track your prey will show up on. Everything is set. You hear the horn. A headlight appears. Final systems check: -Good to go!- The train is approaching. Your finger is on the shutter release…

Hello! Ex-CUSE me while I crash your party!! So says the devious Mr Shadow, who has no manners at all…

1. BNSF 6872 is westbound with intermodal trailer vans at Camden, MO on April 2, 2015.

Only the shadow knows, for sure!
Lance Garrels
santafe199

count-down to norman ah bates

Date: 09/19/20 11:06
Re: Low Light courtesy of Mr Shadow!
Author: Jckaufman

It's a nice shot, santafe199!  Shadow or no.  I especially like the composition.  Thanks, Jack

Date: 09/19/20 13:30
Author: bobk

Nice shot!  Miss the wig-wag that was there.

Date: 09/19/20 13:49

bobk Wrote: > ... Miss the wig-wag that was there ...

Yeah, me too. But only from the pics I've seen. It was gone by the time I made my first visit in 2011(?)...

Lance/199

Date: 09/19/20 16:52
Author: shortlineboss

What is the track on the right side?

Mike Root
Madras, OR

Date: 09/19/20 18:11

shortlineboss Wrote: > ... track on the right side? ...

On the surface it's the NS (ex-N&W, nee Wabash) mainline between Kansas City & Moberly, MO. But this is "paired trackage" territory. Between CA Jct (which is 1.5 miles ahead of this train) & WB Jct (which is 2.3 miles west of Carrollton) ALL main lines are opearted under the control of the BNSF dispatcher. This arrangement goes way back into the Santa Fe ~ Wabash days. How far, I don't know...

Lance/199

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0453 seconds