Home Open Account Help 326 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > The SS&P comes to Albany

Date: 10/26/20 03:40
The SS&P comes to Albany
Author: jefflocal

Hi all, 
                       The Albany, OR P&W yard is getting some needed work done on it's yard tracks and it looks like it's getting
             some outside help. I noticed one piece of track equipment had a Spokane,Spangle & Palouse logo on it. I don't know
             what the story is on it being here but was interesting to see. The trackwork is still going on however I didn't notice it
             in the yard this past weekend. This photo is from the weekend before. In the first photo the UP 2677 North has left
             it's train, mostly made up of loads from CORP on the main at right, and is backing into the yard to make it's pickup.
              Have a good day,
                 Jeff

Date: 10/26/20 10:21
Re: The SS&P comes to Albany
Author: callum_out

Just another cog in the G&W empire.

Out 

Date: 10/26/20 15:52
Author: JDLX

callum_out Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just another cog in the G&W empire.
>
> Out 

Ummmm.....No.  SS&P is part of Omaha Track, which is not part of G&W.

https://www.omahatrack.com/

Appears PNWR brought them in either as a contractor to help do the work, or at least rented equipment from them. 

Jeff Moore
Elko, NV

Date: 10/26/20 16:56

Thanks Jeff, I was thinking maybe they were contracting as well. I'm not sure how much of the yard is
    getting upgraded but it's time consuming nonetheless and P&W crews are probably glad to have the help.

Date: 10/26/20 21:57
Author: roustabout

Hey, Jeff, I wondered whether UP was stopping still in Albany and you answered that.

I wonder whether the track guys will fix up 9 track. I heard it is so bad that it was locked out although in the first image, there are cars on it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/20 21:58 by roustabout.

Date: 10/27/20 05:08

Hi Lou,
            I've seen the UP pick up on Sunday mornings several times but it's kind of hit or miss. Some of those
    yard tracks do look kind of scary, I've looked down those before while being on the bike path and you could
    see an obvious lean to those hi cube boxcars.

Jeff

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0529 seconds