Home Open Account Help 321 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > a 3x4x0 intermodal with a warbonnet was worth the wait........

Date: 11/12/20 10:42
a 3x4x0 intermodal with a warbonnet was worth the wait........
Author: goneon66

here is a w/b 3x4x0 intermodal with domestic stacks, containers, and a few trailers on the bnsf's seligman sub just e/of kingman, az.

this was the last of 6 trains (including a meet) out here on a beautiful sunny day at 58 degrees with no wind. 

good times ................

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 11/12/20 11:12
Re: a 3x4x0 intermodal with a warbonnet was worth the wait.......
Author: Ritzville

Nice catch of Warbonnet 756 and EMD on the point, NICE video 66!

Larry

Date: 11/12/20 14:02
Author: JGFuller

I counted 221 wells - about 13,000 feet. Be interesting to know the tonnage. My guess is that many of the boxes [not the JBHs and Schneiders] are empties returning to Asia.

Date: 11/12/20 21:09
Author: SouthWestRailCams

Nice Video 66!

SouthWest RailCams
CA, NM, CO, TX, AZ
https://SouthWestRailCams.com

Date: 11/14/20 00:47
Author: tracktime

> My guess is that
> many of the boxes are empties returning to Asia.

53-foot long containers with few exceptions are domestic containers for US/North American domestic use only.  53-foot boxes generally do not travel on overseas routes.  

Exceptions to the rule:
1) The obvious most common exception is when these 53' containers are traveling across the Pacific from China to the US as brand-new containers being delivered to the US.
2) There are 53's working some sea lanes in the Caribbean, from what I understand, but that's about it, so far.

Cheers,
Harry

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0358 seconds