Home Open Account Help 278 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Future Otolaryngologist?

Date: 11/18/20 11:05
Future Otolaryngologist?
Author: santafe199

Look this one up in your Funk & Wagnalls!

1. I have to say the little guy is determined not to let that big scary moaning sound hurt his delicate hearing. At this point it doesn’t matter so much that he has his ears smashed flat as a pancake. Hearing protection is everything! Maybe this tyke has a future as an ear doctor??!!

Now, I’ll just swing my camera about 10 degrees to the right. And the mean ol’ source of that scary sound is…

2. …Abilene & Smoky Valley’s darling star of the show, the ex-Santa Fe 4-6-2 #3415. The excursion train is just arriving at the depot.
(2 photos taken in Enterprise, KS on September 6, 2020)

Thanks for looking & listening
Lance Garrels
santafe199

Date: 11/18/20 11:57
Re: Future Otolaryngologist?
Author: jkh2cpu

Heh!  He'll get over it.  That Santa Fe 4-6-2 looks like a big one for the road.  Maybe it will get to the main again somewhere to roar down the track.

John.

Date: 11/18/20 12:42
Author: Ritzville

Cute shot of the little kid covering his ears. I can remember doing that back in the wearly 1950's with the loud steam whistle.

Larry

Date: 11/18/20 19:26
Author: Josiah

OK, I bit.  Definition per Merriam-Webster:Definition of otolaryngology=18px=18pxa medical specialty concerned especially with the ear, nose, and throat and related parts of the head and neck
Josiah
MP 363
SP Santa Babrara Sub

Date: 11/18/20 20:29
Author: ChrisCampi

Back when I used to work engine crew on the NCRy, we would make an effort to get the kids up in the cab when we had time. I was amazed at how many were sound sensitive. Particularly to an air release.

Now that my ears are older and used up, I'm the one whose sound sensitive.

Date: 11/18/20 20:47
Author: santafe199

Josiah Wrote: > … OK, I bit ...

(chuckling heartily) You got the easy end of this deal! I had to come from the other direction. And Google made me re-phrase this question 3 times before I made a break-through:

"What's the name of the doc who fixes yer ears?"

;^)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/20 20:49 by santafe199.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0626 seconds