Home Open Account Help 310 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > View from my office.

Date: 12/25/20 11:16
View from my office.
Author: hank

3 clips as we climb Edelstein hill between Chillicothe and Edelstein, Illinois.  This is the BNSF Chillicothe sub MP132 to about MP 140 westbound in 2008.

Thanks for viewing.
Merry Christmas Trainorders.

Ron Hirsch
Springfield, Mo.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 12/25/20 11:57
Re: View from my office.
Author: norm1153

Thanks for posting!  I see all the switch heaters are operating.

Date: 12/25/20 12:46
Author: 3rdswitch

Very nice. Brings back many memories of the view from the office. Merry Christmas.
JB

Date: 12/26/20 04:54
Author: jmbreitigan

Thank you for sharing the cab ride.
John

Date: 12/26/20 07:47
Author: ntharalson

Thanks so much for posting.  From West Chillicothe to the "new" UP connection west of Edlestein.  The one thing I found odd was the eatbound signals at West Chilli only had a signle head on track one in spite of the fact that the west yard lead switch was in the interlocking.  I find it hard to believe that this was not a contoled switch.  And the searchlights were all up too!  This gave me a great perspective on just how long this hill is.  

Nick Tharalson,
Marion, IA

Date: 12/26/20 10:17
Author: MP90

Great set of clips! Interesting view from the office window. I railfanned that area on a few occasions over the years... never gets old.

Date: 12/26/20 13:14
Author: fotorail

Thank you for your view from the office.  Brings back many memories of my view from the office.  Retired now 16 years.

Date: 12/29/20 07:31
Author: RSD5

The very first Santa Fe train i saw was a westbound ballast train climbing Edelstein.  We sat at the bridge where the tracks duck under the highway at Edelstein (it was after dark) and listened to the train climbing the hill for at least 30 minutes.  I remember the power was all older GP20's and GP7's.  The sound was incredible and he was barely moving!  Thanks for sharing.

Dave

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0318 seconds