Home Open Account Help 296 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Frozen KCS SHDA

Date: 02/19/21 06:47
Frozen KCS SHDA
Author: KB5WK

What a wild week its been in North Texas. We lost power at 9:45 am on Monday and our power was restored Tuesday morning at 7:10 am.  We went to bed that night at 53 deg F. room temp and woke up to 45 deg Tuesday morning. It was Zero Degrees outside on Tuesday. We never slept so cold in our life. My wife and our 2 dogs in bed with many layers. We were very blessed. The power stayed on after that. We did not have any rolling black outs.  But many of my friends were having rolling black outs every other hour that lasted till Wednesday. Crazy.  But I did make it out to catch a train on Thursday at Wylie TX. 

Caught the M-SHDA with 7 engines at Copeville TX on 02/18/2021 around 3 pm.  KCS 4836 west

1. Copeville TX siding
2. SHDA at Wylie yard heading to the yard office 
3. Yard job working the west end of the yard with the SD22ECO units.

David Hawkins
Plano TX

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/21 06:49 by KB5WK.

Date: 02/19/21 07:06
Re: Frozen KCS SHDA
Author: hotrail

Wow.  Hope you and your family stay safe and well down there in the great state of Texas.
Given the amount of snow across the midwest, are the forecasters anticipating there will be a lot of flooding when that melts?
Thansk for sharing the pics!

Date: 02/19/21 07:11
Author: DJ-12

Glad you are OK. Love the last shot with the classic old SDP carbody units paired together.

Date: 02/19/21 07:53
Author: robj

Very nice, glad things got better.

Bob

Date: 02/19/21 10:30
Author: Ritzville

Very NICE!! Glad you have your power back in the Texas crisis.

Larry

Date: 02/20/21 09:16
Author: PossumKing

Great shots! 
those KCS units are sure pretty against the snow. 
Stay warm. 
I reckon generator sales will be off the charts for months. 

Date: 02/20/21 14:43
Author: ns1000

Nice pics!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0531 seconds