Home Open Account Help 362 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Help Identifying a few units in Wyoming

Date: 02/19/21 10:09
Help Identifying a few units in Wyoming
Author: ns2557

While not the greatest shots I can't seem to find who owns these 3 units here. Taken at what is now called Imerys Perlite west of Green River Wy on the south side of I80. Solvay Chenmicals is abit farther back on the track here. The connection to the UP is at Bryan Wy. Units are SD40 201 and 202 with an SD40T-2 203. Painted in blue with white lettering. Any one know perhaps who they belong to?  Taken off the shoulder of I80 on May 21 2009.  Thanks for any help.  Ben

Date: 02/19/21 10:11
Re: Help Identifying a few units in Wyoming
Author: icancmp193

Spotted these on the SLRG in Alamosa, Colorado in September 2009.

TJY

Date: 02/19/21 10:16
Author: ns2557

That be them it seems. In my shots of the individual units I can see lettering on the cab such as in your shots, but not clear enough to make out. These had been at this spot for a few weeks or even a month or two prior to my stopping and grabbing the shot posted here.  Thanks, Ben

Date: 02/19/21 13:16
Author: spsunset

Try this 
RRpictures archive and then SL RG

Date: 02/19/21 21:31
Author: cctgm

Savage Services is the third party industrial switching company that switches the lead up to Solvey mine, with the grades they need dynamic brake equipped locomotives.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.041 seconds