Home Open Account Help 279 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Repositioning Assets In Niles Canyon.

Date: 02/28/21 14:21
Repositioning Assets In Niles Canyon.
Author: ChrisCampi

Newly remotored Burro 40 is put to work on the east end build on the Niles Canyon Railway moving panels and staging them for near future construction as Covid restrictions ease and vaccinations happen.

This was a joint operation with the steam department as they needed to do some training and shake off the rust. Robert Dollar #3 was put to work shuttling the 132lb track panels to the staging area at Happy Valley bridge.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/21 14:00 by ChrisCampi.

Date: 02/28/21 14:28
Re: Repositioning Assets In Niles Canyon.
Author: ChrisCampi

Couple more as the PLA continues its push toward Pleasanton California. That's all I got as I was busy rigging. The group of Steamies put on a great BBQ for lunch which was a very nice treat. All socially distanced of course.

Date: 02/28/21 15:53
Author: spider1319

Pretty cool stuff.Thanks for the post.Bill Webb

Date: 02/28/21 18:41
Author: callum_out

Those panels were a great buy, thanks for the shots.

Out

Date: 02/28/21 18:44
Author: coach

This is wonderful news.  Imagine someday in the future, standing at the Sunol depot, and hearing a distant whistle.  Then, charging around the corner is the "Pleasanton Express" from Niles, whistling thru Sunol while laying on the steam.  That would be really something!  I ride this line whenever I can, and being to browse downtown Pleasanton will be great.

Date: 03/01/21 01:50
Author: Texican65

Awesome photos! thanks for sharing them. Really makes me happy to see the little Burro being used and appreciated.

Dow

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0433 seconds