Home Open Account Help 325 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > A visit to Perris last Saturday afternoon

Date: 04/20/21 22:00
A visit to Perris last Saturday afternoon
Author: oyw

I had some free time Saturday afternoon (April 17) so I made a quick run down to the Southern California Railway Museum in Perris (CA) to see what was doing. I knew they had a “Dino train” event going on, so I figured they would be running trains on the mainline up past 11th St. There were two trains running and I was able to catch both making their last runs of the day.

1) The first train was their pair of San Diego Trolley LRV’s 1003 and 1008 passing through the field north of the museum at 3:45PM. I remember riding these when they were new and now they’re museum pieces. Man, it sucks getting old!

2) About a half hour later, the other train consisting of SP U25B 3100 and five passenger cars passing the same location.

3) A broadside of the 3100 passing an old switch stand.

Always fun to visit Perris, it looked like there was a pretty good turnout. I heard most of the ticket sales were purchased online with social distancing still in place. Hats off to the group for hanging together through these crazy times, it’s nice to see that things are returning to normal.

OYW

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/21 22:22 by oyw.

Date: 04/21/21 06:13
Re: A visit to Perris last Saturday afternoon
Author: PasadenaSub

Great photos Bob, neat to see the old San Diego cars out and running.

Rich

Date: 04/21/21 07:45
Author: Jbarton

Thanks for sharing.  I hope this is just the beginning of a successful year for them and that I can get out to visit.

Jim Barton

Date: 04/21/21 08:54
Author: erielackawanna

Nice shots.

Date: 04/21/21 09:11
Author: czuleget

When the museum got the San Diego cars. Not only did they get the cars, but they got a boatload of parts to keep them running for many years to come.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 04/21/21 14:44
Author: TheNavigator

Good to see 3100 out and about.
GK

Date: 04/22/21 00:40
Author: needles_sub

Good to see some equipment operating, not rusting and decaying away. Hope they are able to keep it up.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0398 seconds