Home Open Account Help 361 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Low Light? No choice!

Date: 04/22/21 12:15
Low Light? No choice!
Author: santafe199

Here's a Low Light offering a bit apart from the ongoing "duel" Don & I have been entertaining everyone with. It was the tail end of a very interesting day of railfanning that I was sorry to see turn into night. But that happens to all of us now & then. I had already shot a series of 'last gasp' golden hour images up the UP main line NW of Fairbury, NE.

After a pit stop back in town I was homeward bound, paralleling the UP main line along NE hwy 8 to the southeast. Then I spotted a red eastbound signal, indicating that another train was coming my way. I found a safe little niche off the highway and pulled over to wait. I had time to fiddle with my camera settings, and ended up with the ISO at 1600 with a 62mm exposure of 1/125th of a sec @ f4.6. Photo-editing honors go to Picasa since I'm still awaiting delievery of my new computer...

1. UP 7509 is westbound just west of Steele City, NE. Image warmth courtesy of Picasa!

1b. The actual image, straight out of my D7100.
Photo taken @ 8:33 PM on April 21, 2021.

Thanks for peering in the dark!
Lance Garrels
santafe199

Date: 04/23/21 00:40
Re: Low Light? No choice!
Author: SN711

Lance.

Great shot in the dark. It just needs some noise reduction when you get your new computer.

Gary

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0472 seconds