Home Open Account Help 317 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Info on the GN at Kalispell

Date: 05/03/21 22:35
Info on the GN at Kalispell
Author: misty1

What are their plans dor that Locomotive. I was there last week it is sitting out away from any buildings or anything. e only thing I can say the paint looks nice but it is fenced in. The number boards are boarded up to prevent damge, at least one window has been shot out and I suspect the engineers side has also a it ws covered with plywwood, the long hood doors were open on the coneductors side. Someone went to a lot of trouble to attempt to get this unit to Kalispell and here iy sits being vandalized. What are the plans for this.

Date: 05/03/21 23:28
Re: Info on the GN at Kalispell
Author: TCnR

This one:

https://dailyinterlake.com/news/2020/jun/13/historic-train-in-kalispell-engine-hit-by-6/

I had it confused with the one at Whitefish, I changed it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/21 23:50 by TCnR.

Date: 05/04/21 08:22
Author: fbe

Welcome to the "new" Montana.

Date: 05/04/21 09:37
Author: monaddave

Misty - were you refering to the Watco switcher as shown in TCnR's Daily Interlake link or the ex-Central Montana/ GN Big Sky blue geep that recently arrived?

There's a Ryan Reed story in the Preservation section (with some photos) in the January 2021 issue of Railfan & Railroad explaining the swap of the SW and the geep. In a nutshell, the SW is to go somewhere and the geep is to be put on display somewhere in Kalispell along an extension of theĀ Great Northern Historical Trail (rails to trails).

Dave in Polson, MT

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/21 09:39 by monaddave.

Date: 05/04/21 10:39
Author: TCnR

Sounds like a good excuse for a road trip.
Preservation of a WATCO end cab switcher seems like a stretch.

Date: 05/04/21 12:57
Author: wpdude

Is there no end to these Godless dirtbags? This is what happens when you don't spank.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0385 seconds