Home Open Account Help 203 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > While you were at supper...

Date: 05/12/21 22:02
While you were at supper...
Author: santafe199

...I was slaving away behind a pixel-converter

Don is always trying to goad me into "catching up" with him. Har!! Truth is: me & good ol' photobob often have to sit down to a long & leisurely break while Don piddles around back there in 3rd place. We always have a pleasant conversation, which usually consists of several different versions of: "WHEN-the-sam-hello is Don gonna catch up with us???" The 2nd most frequent topic: "Do you think he'll EVER catch up???" ;^)

1. Looking at another Kansas sunset/RR scene on the KP (UP) about a mile west of Rossville, KS. That's a Belle, KCS 4871 bearing down on me with train SITP at the NW Bailey Rd crossing. It's 8:19 PM on May 12, 2021.

Thanks for looking into another sunset!
Lance Garrels
santafe199

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/21 22:06 by santafe199.

Date: 05/12/21 22:36
Re: While you were at supper...
Author: DonWinslow

I knew it, Lance just couldn't hold back thinking I might get ahead of him. . Now old Gezzer PhotoBob is probably sitting back at the old folks home eating his stewed prunes and Geritol  to get things moving. :>)

Don Winslow
Glendora, CA
http://www.donwinslow.net/Railroads

Date: 05/12/21 22:50

I never thought any such thing. And I sure didn’t start this “one-up” thing. But I can sure as hell finish it...

I think I’ll go have some milk & cookies while I wait for you to catch up... 🥛🍪🍪🍪

Posted from iPhone

Date: 05/12/21 23:44
Author: CimaScrambler

What ever the snake-eyed salamander you guys have to say to eachother, that's one really fine picture, and that's a fact.

Kit Courter
Menefee, CA
LunarLight Photography

Date: 05/13/21 09:57
Author: mg8711

Yeah, take that! That’s what you get for your (completely innocent and in no way intentional) photobomb east of Wamego.
mg8711

Date: 05/13/21 10:18

mg8711 Wrote: > ... (completely innocent and in no way intentional) photobomb ...

LMAO!!! Yessir, I was barreling down that Military Trail (old US 24) road pretty fast, knowing I would eventually have to negotiate the 20 MPH city speed limit thru St Marys on my way to this shot. I saw you standing there at the last second (NOT IN YOUR USUAL SPOT, by the way) and decided to buzz through your field of view without reducing my speed. I wanted to get by you quickly so there was less chance of ruining your shot. Of course, it was a bit hair-raising making the turn onto regular US 24 on only 2 wheels... ;^)

Mario Andretti

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/21 10:19 by santafe199.

Date: 05/14/21 07:07
Author: bobk

Great shot!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.052 seconds