Home Open Account Help 267 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Slowly On The Return On The BNSF Lakeside Sub

Date: 05/14/21 16:42
Slowly On The Return On The BNSF Lakeside Sub
Author: Ritzville

It was a warm partly cloudy day in Ritzville, WA on the BNSF Northern Transcon. The high-low was 80-49 with warmer temps this weekend. Am starting out slowly after having cataract surgery in my left eye with the right eye on June 1st. A bit hard to see keyboard and pictures without the correct reading glasses. That will come after second eye has healed. So I'm trying to post a little at a time. Boy the colors in my new eye is fantastic, so brilliant and beautiful. Never knew the flowers in my garden could look so good, lol. Here are a few trains from this week.

5/10/2021

1. WB 443pm manifest train with BNSF 4656 and Warbonnet 625 on the point with DPU and a friendly toot-toot from the hogger.
2. Another shot of Warbonnet 625 on same train.
3. WB 542pm ballast train with BNSF 3841 on the pull with DPU.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/21 16:42 by Ritzville.

Date: 05/14/21 16:45
Re: Slowly On The Return On The BNSF Lakeside Sub

4. DPU BNSF 4177 on same train.
5. WB 631pm manifest train with BNSF 6672-6858 on the point with no DPU and a friendly toot-toot from the hogger.
6. Two cars of military vehicals rolling in same train.

Date: 05/14/21 16:50

5/12/2021

7. WB 228pm geometry train with BNSF 4124 on the pull with a friendly toot-toot from the hogger. A friendly crew on te geometry train.

That's it for today. Hope everyone has a great weekend and thank you so much for looking!

Larry
Ritzville, WA

Date: 05/14/21 16:57
Author: BNModeler

Larry,
Please take your time healing. 
I love your posts everytime you post them.
BNModeler

Date: 05/14/21 17:16
Author: santafe199

Absolutely take your time! We all enjoy your enthusiasm for the hobby and your "call to duty" at your photo post. Which a lot of us are jealous of, by the way... ;^)

Lance

Date: 05/14/21 17:30
Author: goneon66

you just take care of yourself.............

Date: 05/14/21 20:38
Author: SCKP187

Good photos though---wishing you a quick and healthy healing.
Brian Stevens

Date: 05/14/21 21:57

Thanks guys for your kind advice and comments.

Larry

Date: 05/15/21 05:07
Author: steveandrews

Hi Larry,

glad to hear the surgery went well. Rediscovering colors is amazing, isn't it! Take care and get well soon.

Steve

Steve Andrews
Ames, IA

Date: 05/15/21 07:46
Author: Gonut1

Larry,
Nothing prepares you for what you didn't know you were missing! Its been 25 years since my cataract surgery and I'll never forget the amazing return of colors and sharpness in vision. My grandmother had cataracts in the Fifties, back then they would remove the clouded eye lens and attempt to correct externally with glasses. Not very successful. When I was diagnosed that was all I could think of. Was I ever surprised to hear that my father had the lens implants a few years before me and it was no longer a big deal.
Gonut

Date: 05/15/21 07:58
Author: TomPlatten

I has both eyes done in one procedure last July at Kaiser. My vision was, indeed, sharper afterwards but my overall vision was NOT improved. The halos around street signs was gone but I still needed glasses! All in all, at 76 years old, I probably could have skipped the whole thing!

Date: 05/15/21 10:59

Thanks again for all the kind comments. I didn't realize so many of you have had this procedure, so many interesting stories. I'm still in the semi blurry stage, hope that improves soon.

Larry

Date: 05/15/21 17:33
Author: pedrop

Hi Larry, we miss you and your daily report from Ritzville in the last days.  Good to hear that you did the surgery and you are getting better. Take care.

Pedro

Pedro Rezende
Vespasiano MG,
https://youtube.com/c/minasgeraisrailways1

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/21 17:34 by pedrop.

Date: 05/15/21 18:03

Thanks Pedro, the recovery is slow.

Larry

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0596 seconds