Home Open Account Help 368 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > NS 1065 Savannah & Georgia Heritage just hangin' around in So Cal

Date: 05/16/21 00:16
NS 1065 Savannah & Georgia Heritage just hangin' around in So Cal
Author: MrMRL

This poor dingy NS Heritage unit, swept up in 'horsepower payback' work for BNSF Railway, was observed on Saturday afternoon parked and unattended on the middle of 3 mainlines at La Mirada, CA on BNSF's San Bernardino Sub.  NS 1065, an SD70ACe built in May 2012 as part of Norfolk Southern's heritage fleet. The unit is the second of two motors powering a ~4900 foot (and obviously very low priority) S-FTMSCO3-09A that had been sitting in this exact spot for nearly 48 hours. As I type this, it has finally moved up an additional 15 miles closer to it's destination where it will most likely be tied down again as the Ports of LA/LB and the UP controlled Alameda Corridor continue failing to cull the backlog of international container traffic moving within the west coast ports.

~ Mr. MRL

Date: 05/16/21 08:35
Re: NS 1065 Savannah & Georgia Heritage just hangin' around in So
Author: ntharalson

Lucky you, Robbie.  

Now some questions.  UP controls the Alameda Corridor?  I had thought that was joint trackage jointly controlled.  

Is the problem in culling the containers railroad related?  An earlier series of posts indicated they were having trouble finding the people to unload the ships.  Has this changed?  

Nick Tharalson,
Marion, IA

Date: 05/16/21 10:22
Author: MrMRL

ntharalson Wrote:
------------------------------------------------------
>  UP controls the Alameda Corridor?
>
> Is the problem in culling the containers railroad
> related?  An earlier series of posts indicated
> they were having trouble finding the people to
> unload the ships.  Has this changed?  

UP (dispatches) the Alameda Corridor.

The RRs are also struggling to find people to move the trains by keeping crew boards trimmed and harassing the workers over time off.

~ Mr, MRL

Date: 05/16/21 11:45
Author: callum_out

As I've said before I now haven't seen my neighbors across the street in a year. They both work a container terminal and used to
come up for a few days on their comp time, so much for that.

Out 

Date: 05/16/21 12:42
Author: ns1000

MrMRL Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The RRs are also struggling to find people to move
> the trains by keeping crew boards trimmed and
> harassing the workers over time off.
>
>
> ~ Mr, MRL

Lol....this don't happen....they have it under control (sarcasm)??!!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0487 seconds