Home Open Account Help 253 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Chasing the Bangor WA. Turn train # 601 with PSAP power

Date: 06/05/21 22:21
Chasing the Bangor WA. Turn train # 601 with PSAP power
Author: Super-C

#  1  PSAP  # 3058 and 2 sister geeps with DODX cars headed to Bangor WA. at the Ferrellgas propane plant on the Seabeck Hwy, north. 
         Date. May 26, 2021
 #  2  PSAP  # 3058 pulling into  Bangor Yard .  Date. May 26 , 2021
 #  3  PSAP  # 2071 and power after dropping off at Bangor and headed back to Belfair WA. Date. May 26, 2021
 #  4  PSAP   # 2071 coming back past the Ferrellgas Plant with cover cars used to go to Bangor WA.Date. May 2 6, 2021
          This line is hard to chase trains on as you never know when they are running and limited access to the tracks.
          there cover cars were left at a small yard just west of the Ferrellgas plant where they switched out the empty propane car with a loaded one on there way back.
          photos by Chris Marshall

Date: 06/05/21 22:24
Re: Chasing the Bangor WA. Turn train # 601 with PSAP power

photo #  4 PSAP 2071 at Ferrellgas plant.

Date: 06/05/21 23:04
Author: funnelfan

That looked like a good chase, neat consist!

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 06/05/21 23:14

Thank You Ted. Thanks for looking and commenting. Chris

Date: 06/06/21 11:48
Author: Texican65

Very cool. As I said in the previous post, and as you have stated…very rare. I was stationed there for years and never saw them. I was on submarines…and got to see up close the spent reactor fuel cars…one day there, the next day gone…never saw anybody come get them however.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 06/06/21 18:12

Thank you for looking and commenting.   Chris

Date: 06/08/21 07:39
Author: Roadrailer

Wow!
Thank you for posting, this is definately a seldom seen/shown rail line. I get to see some of the DODX cars coming and going through SE WA on the BNSF and UP, but I have never seen those containerized tanks/capsules before. 

Richard in Richland

Date: 06/09/21 10:32
Author: westcascaderail

Great shots and catch! Sure is cool to see all those missile ballast cars lined up. I was lucky enough to catch a rocket fuel load to Bangor around 2 months ago. I posted on trainorers about my YouTube video of it on my YouTube channel, West Cascade Rail, but unfortunately the post got taken down for 'self promotion'. I am going to post photos instead soon, since trainorders doesn't allow media/promotion from another site. Thanks for sharing!
Nathaniel Nagel

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1389 seconds