Home Open Account Help 203 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > LBN48 Making the Turn

Date: 06/06/21 16:47
LBN48 Making the Turn
Author: BNSF-6432

While getting out this afternoon I encountered the daylight local out of Odessa, TX that seems to work Sunday-Thursday. Once I arrived they were in the process of running around their train at Kelly and began to work the two nearby industries. After two quick pull and spots, they were back on their way to the Odessa Yard to clear up the main.

1) The conductor walks up to the crossover switch to line back towards their train after pulling the industry in the foreground.

2) The pair of GP's shove across Murphy St into an indutrial park to pick up a couple empty hoppers.

3) After hooking onto the staged cars, the GP60's pump on them before making an air test and pulling out.

Date: 06/06/21 16:53
Re: LBN48 Making the Turn
Author: BNSF-6432

4) 48 heads back across Murphy St over to the siding.

5) The conductor rides the shove towards the hook on the main line.

6) After working CMC Recycling and spotting the industrial park with more loads, LBN48 highballs to the Odessa Yard where the conductor will be waiting for the train from the vehicle.

Taken June 6, 2021 in Odessa, TX
PQM

Date: 06/06/21 18:06
Author: TexasRocket

Number 6 reminds me of a reverse image of downtown Tulsa looking East from the interlocker before all the construction post 2006.

Date: 06/06/21 19:08
Author: TTownTrains

Nice set.  I have yet to adapt to seeing GP60s that were once mainline hotshot power being demoted to local duty.

Bill G.

Date: 06/06/21 20:20
Author: PHall

TTownTrains Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice set.  I have yet to adapt to seeing GP60s
> that were once mainline hotshot power being
> demoted to local duty.
>
> Bill G.

GP7's were once "mainline hotshot" power at one time too.

Date: 06/06/21 21:55
Author: ble692

TTownTrains Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice set.  I have yet to adapt to seeing GP60s
> that were once mainline hotshot power being
> demoted to local duty.

The 1127 just celebrated it's 31st birthday last month. The 1937 behind it is 32 years old. Time sure flys doesn't it?

Date: 06/07/21 08:19
Author: SCKP187

Nice series Patrick. Good clear weather shots and nice to see you getting out. Those baby wings sure look nice and we always enjoy seeing the locals do their work
Brian Stevens

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1216 seconds