Home Open Account Help 221 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > couple more before I hit the rack

Date: 06/14/21 23:47
couple more before I hit the rack
Author: santafe199

As I plod along rebuilding my Master RR Image files from the external back-up I keep tossing Low Light “candidate” images into a new file. Even with this image taken to posting status, I now have 157 images in there. And I’m only an estimated 15% of the way through with this colossal task.

I’ve posted this image in 2 versions. I thought the editing of the normal color version came out a bit underwhelming, so I decided to convert it to B/W and enhance the contrast. Keep in mind I very rarely convert color to B/W for posting. But I kinda like the result. What do you think...

1a. Amtrak train #4, the “Southwest Chief” during its station stop at Lamar, CO on August 22, 2015.

1b. Same image, converted to black & white

Thanks for picking!
Lance Garrels
santafe199

countdown to the inevitable zone-tag

Date: 06/15/21 00:43
Re: couple more before I hit the rack
Author: mp51w

B&W works for me!  I came over to the Western board looking for info on the Laguna Pueblo derailment, but I caught one of your cool passenger train shots instead!

Date: 06/15/21 01:45
Author: Pig-Mauler

Very artsy!

Date: 06/15/21 21:24
Author: ATSFSuperChief

Like the color better because cute little lights on side of cars show up as YELLOW while stopped. B&W is also good.

Don Allender

Date: 06/16/21 16:20
Author: texchief1

Nice color shot, Lance!

RC Lundgren

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0349 seconds