Home Open Account Help 238 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > If you Rebuild it, they will come

Date: 09/07/21 15:40
If you Rebuild it, they will come
Author: ns2557

The disciples of Steam will venture to whatever Cathedral the Deity is placed in. On Labor day, they came in droves , as was pretty much the scene along the entire route this mighty locomotive was at, this day at Denver Colorado at the Original UP Yard at 36th St.  UP relocated the yard office from down the tracks to here, just abit north of the old location. Nicer building by far. On display was the UP Big Boy, 4014, with it's attending court. UP even sent their DRGW Heritage Unit, SD70M 1989 to the site. Along with many others I enjoyed seeing the 4014 regardless of all the naysayers. Still an impressive Machine. My grand kids were the main reason we ventured north to see this display. They were not to happy with the sound emitted from the Whistle the few times it was blown tho. Still, tho they enjoyed it. Wish I would have had the time to take them north today to witness the 4014 actually moving and making all the sounds a live steam locomotive makes. But at least they got to witness 4014 at rest. They are still talking to Nana & Papa about it today.

The 2 shots attached show the 4014 waiting for all to see up close and personal. The DRGW Heritage Unit is ahead of the 4014 with the UP Experience Car and a few of the others. UP even had a freight close by, which is on the right in shot 1. These 2 shots were taken from the RTD Bridge here at the yard and gave the best perspective of what was there.  Thanks to UP for the display and giving my grand kids and all the other families kids and grand kids an opportunity to see what once was  All shot at Denver Co on Monday Sept 6 2021. Be well all, Ben

Date: 09/07/21 17:59
Re: If you Rebuild it, they will come
Author: jgilmore

Nice set and story, remember taking my much younger bros with me railfanning which they enjoyed but sure hated the horns! Lol...

JG

Posted from Android

Date: 09/08/21 16:38
Re: If you Rebuild it, they will come
Author: ns1000

I like Pic 1!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0467 seconds