Home Open Account Help 333 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > CBRW/STMA current operations?

Date: 09/07/21 20:29
CBRW/STMA current operations?
Author: ShortlinesUSA

Good evening.

If possible would someone mind updating me on the current operations of the Columbia Basin Railway and the St. Maries River RR?  

I didn't turn up which days the Connell Turn runs with a search of posts from the past year, and didn't know if Ted Curphey's latest update on the dismal wheat harvest may have some effect on the CBRW's operations, regardless of normal operating days.

For the STMA, Ted also reported this one had been potentially impacted by a wildfire a few weeks ago.  Any updates on the line's status and/or affects on operations is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Mike Derrick

Date: 09/09/21 04:13
Re: CBRW/STMA current operations?
Author: funnelfan

STMA is back running again after replacing burned ties on two miles of track. They are leaving St Maries in the morning around 8~9am M-W-F heading for Plummer. They are not doing a headlight meet with UP's Plummer turn, but simply swap cars and head right back to St Maries. This means late morning photos on the eastbound run. They also switch around St Maries six days a week.

CBRW doesn't haul wheat for the most part. They are too close to the Columbia River so the wheat in that area is often trucked to barges due to the very low barge rates that are subsidized by tax payers in part.Back when BNSF used to offer special rates on 26 car blocks of wheat, they used to ship blocks of wheat out from Schrag, but that stopped a few years ago. CBRW and BNSF are still swapping trains at Connell around 2~4pm six days a week.

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 09/09/21 15:57
Re: CBRW/STMA current operations?
Author: zaltwsp7

funnelfan Wrote:
------------------------------------
Back when BNSF used to offer
> special rates on 26 car blocks of wheat, they used
> to ship blocks of wheat out from Schrag, but that
> stopped a few years ago.

Hi Ted,
How often or what do they use that spur to Schrag for?
How about their line that crosses over Interstate 90 north of Warden?
I've never seen any trains on either of those tracks.
I know the Schrag line parallels I-90.

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0361 seconds